Zookeper leather for my CZ SP-01 Phantom

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Adam5, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Here's another great example of the incredible work that our very own Zookeper has been putting out.

I bought a CZ SP-01 Phantom knowing that holsters for it would be hard to come by, but also knowing that Zookeper could make one from my pistol as opposed to having to find a dummy gun.

I thought about some fancy trim for it, but decided that for now I needed a good "working" holster for daily carry more than I need a "dress holster". I asked him to make me a canted pancake holster for daily carry and as always, he did a great job.

The fit and finish are as good as any other and the retention is great for an open top holster, even when holding the holster upside down while the gun is holstered. As seen in the photos, it does a very good job of concealing the pistol. Bear in mind that this is not a cpmpact pistol designed for easy concealment. It's a full size duty gun with a 4.7" barrel and an 18+1 capacity.

BTW: Has anyone else tried to take a picture of your side with an SLR and no one to help? It's easier said than done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Militus Armatura

Militus Armatura New Member

I really like that holster! :righton:

I am looking at a couple of CZs (trying to choose) but have been concerned about a holster. Nothing on-line I like; thus far. THAT holster is exactly what I am looking for. When the time comes to purchase the pistol I will have to give ZooK a holler.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Nice! Now clean your mirror.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll clean the mirror when my wife lets me do something about that paint color.

5. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

touche

6. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

Alright. All of you posting pics of your new Zookeeper-made holster has made me want one.

7. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and cannot wait to get mine (holster, mag carrier, and belt). I still like seeing all the pictures though, lol.

8. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

Yeah, I've been looking at pics on his FB page. Wow..... :shock:

9. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

I love my first Zookeeper special so much... I'm getting ready to request
    my next one...

Chuck - heads up... I'm gonna need some suggestions for this one :D
    (actually... it may be 2)

10. ABC3

ABC3 Member

Adam5;

Zoo does do some fine work. And I think you're right about leaving the trim off. I like the looks of a good working holster.

But, man, you need a new belt....

Just kidding - I bet you've got a closet full to go with all the holster, I know, you have.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I do need to have you make me a new belt. I've been using this one for about four years. Tom at Southern Holsters made it for me before he quit making belts.