Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another great example of the incredible work that our very own Zookeper has been putting out.

I bought a CZ SP-01 Phantom knowing that holsters for it would be hard to come by, but also knowing that Zookeper could make one from my pistol as opposed to having to find a dummy gun.

I thought about some fancy trim for it, but decided that for now I needed a good "working" holster for daily carry more than I need a "dress holster". I asked him to make me a canted pancake holster for daily carry and as always, he did a great job.

The fit and finish are as good as any other and the retention is great for an open top holster, even when holding the holster upside down while the gun is holstered. As seen in the photos, it does a very good job of concealing the pistol. Bear in mind that this is not a cpmpact pistol designed for easy concealment. It's a full size duty gun with a 4.7" barrel and an 18+1 capacity.

BTW: Has anyone else tried to take a picture of your side with an SLR and no one to help? It's easier said than done!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I really like that holster! :righton:

I am looking at a couple of CZs (trying to choose) but have been concerned about a holster. Nothing on-line I like; thus far. THAT holster is exactly what I am looking for. When the time comes to purchase the pistol I will have to give ZooK a holler.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Alright. All of you posting pics of your new Zookeeper-made holster has made me want one.

·
Registered
593 Posts
lostprofit said:
Alright. All of you posting pics of your new Zookeeper-made holster has made me want one.
I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and cannot wait to get mine (holster, mag carrier, and belt). I still like seeing all the pictures though, lol.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yeah, I've been looking at pics on his FB page. Wow..... :shock:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I love my first Zookeeper special so much... I'm getting ready to request
my next one...

Chuck - heads up... I'm gonna need some suggestions for this one :D
(actually... it may be 2)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Adam5;

Zoo does do some fine work. And I think you're right about leaving the trim off. I like the looks of a good working holster.

But, man, you need a new belt....

Just kidding - I bet you've got a closet full to go with all the holster, I know, you have.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ABC3 said:
Adam5;

Zoo does do some fine work. And I think you're right about leaving the trim off. I like the looks of a good working holster.

But, man, you need a new belt....

Just kidding - I bet you've got a closet full to go with all the holster, I know, you have.
I do need to have you make me a new belt. I've been using this one for about four years. Tom at Southern Holsters made it for me before he quit making belts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts