Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a cross draw holster for years that has a lower draw angle (you don’t pull upwards but more across the front) than all the ones I’ve seen. I’ve got four cross draw holsters that I don’t use for various reasons. The one I liked best was a Ross M23S Driving holster, until the snap unknowingly came undone and the gun fell out! What do you do? Who do you call? Superman? Nope, he’s out of town. Jason Bourne? Nope, he’d kill you just for asking. I know, how about asking our own Zookeeper? DING DING DING DING DING!!!!

Now the holster is at an angle that if the snap does come undone (doubtful due to the superior construction) it will stay in. I’ve worn it for a couple of days with just a T-shirt and no one’s the wiser. Other cross draws will make the gun butt stick out but not this one. It doesn’t print any more than a cell phone. I didn't want the retention holster to be lonely so I ordered him a friend, one without retention.

I also was looking for a good leather wallet holder for 1911 magazines. I have one made of nylon from ABetterHolster.com and use it religiously, but it doesn’t hold the magazines firm and straight (one kind of rests on the other) which creates a problem when you need to retrieve one (top picture). Enter Zookeeper and viola! (bottom picture)

These wallet holsters are perfect for holding two 1911 magazines and are thinner than a real wallet. Trust me folks, if you are looking for a holster, contact Zookeeper and he’ll do you right.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
good pictures! thanks for that 8)

i hope they work out well for you, it was a challenge to get the pattern right but i had a good time doing it. :D

i am really warming up to the cordovan stain and think when i get around to making myself another rig it will be in cordovan and just may be a cross draw, i like that holster.

edit:

give yourself some credit too, this holster project was a joint effort and it would have never happened without your input and autocad skills (or whatever software you use)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Noob inquiry, but is it safe to assume you're wearing that on the front portion of your body and drawing accross your front?

Or am I totally mistaken and that is rear?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Always nice to get new leather. And chuck does a great job!

·
Registered
698 Posts
a-squared said:
Noob inquiry, but is it safe to assume you're wearing that on the front portion of your body and drawing accross your front?

You would be correct. SOB or Small of Back is usually butt up. Not a good way to carry, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ga_Regul8r said:
[quote="a-squared":3lhsk2g9]Noob inquiry, but is it safe to assume you're wearing that on the front portion of your body and drawing accross your front?

You would be correct. SOB or Small of Back is usually butt up. Not a good way to carry, IMHO.[/quote:3lhsk2g9]

Yup, about 10-11 O'Clock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts