Zookeeper 1...Milt Sparks 0.....Another Custom Holster!!!

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by js415, Nov 12, 2010.

1. js415

js415 Active Member

Some of you may have seen my poor attempt at humor in this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52930

I asked Mr. Zookeeper to make me a holster, and this is how it went.

I have always heard about Milt Sparks holsters, and that they were the greatest thing since sliced bread, popcorn, and cold beer. Several weeks ago I got VERY lucky, and found a brand new VMII for my Glock 19. I ordered it, and wore it for a couple of weeks, off and on. It is a very nice holster, but, IMHO it is not the "greatest thing ever".

Here is my Milt Sparks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About two weeks ago I was able to hold and fondle one of Zookeepers holsters that he had just finished for a fellow GCO member. I absolutely could not believe the detail and craftmanship that was built into this holster.

So I asked him to make me one for my Glock 19. Most of his holsters are not IWB, and most have a very contrasting trim material of some sort of exotic animal.

I wanted IWB, I wanted simple black leather, and I wanted an exotic trim, but I wanted it black also.

We met together, I gave him my VMII to use as a guide, I picked out a very nice alligator skin for some trim, talked about how I would wear it and at what postion.

I gave him my number, my Glock, and a good firm handshake.

Today I got back this, and I could not be any happier in the style, fit, and finish.

The belt loops are covered in alligator, and just about an inch of alligator shows above my belt when I am wearing it.

It is perfection. It is comfortable. It is stylish. It is a one of a kind custom Zookeeper holster for my favorite carry gun, and it is MINE!!!!!!

If anybody is considering a holster from Zookeeper, you better do it now, before he becomes famous, moves to Hollywood, and forgets all the little people here in Georgia!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

3. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

Very nice...but that is to be expected since it's a Zookeeper holster. I've got one of his holsters and am waiting for another to be delivered next week. :mrgreen:

4. howie1932

howie1932 New Member

Beautiful holster. Even makes a Glock look nice. :lol:

5. js415

js415 Active Member

Now why did you have to go there?????

Just not funny, not funny at all........ :D

Jerry

6. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Yeah... I was actually distracted by the beautiful holster for a second. Not so much for the ... uh... thing in it! :shattered:

7. js415

js415 Active Member

OK.... to make up for the wonderful tool in the picture, I bought this today: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53096

Jerry

8. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

Jerry got to hold and fondle mine . . . Hey!, my holster, I mean! In case you missed it, here it is.

Like Jerry's, mine is a modification of one I already have - a Del Fatti LP-HTL. I could not be happier with the fit, finish, and quality of my new ZK leather compared side-by-side with the Del Fatti.

9. howie1932

howie1932 New Member

I have to admit, after renting a G19 at the range a month or so ago, I have been half looking to pick one up.