Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the family to the zoo and we had a wonderful time. That little gorilla was hilarious. I was trying to figure out if I could carry or not and this is what I got. The website states that Zoo Atlanta is a nonprofit organization.

“New governance followed, and the nonprofit “Atlanta Fulton County Zoo, Inc.†was created with the Zoo’s privatization in 1985. The first governing board convened that same year, and the rebounding institution emerged with a fresh new name â€" Zoo Atlanta.â€

Under the Rules page there are no pets, no commercial use of pictures and no refunds. When I went to the gate there were two rent-a-cops leaning on the railings. I assume looking for terrorist. :roll: LOL No one at the gate searched bags or anything.

Unfortunately I did not carry because the wife said I was too paranoid and I thought they might check bags… I left it in the car. Next time I will feel more comfortable carrying.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Purge said:
Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?
It's still publicly owned and operated, right?

Therefore, for your safety, you should be disarmed while at the zoo.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts

·
68,657 Posts
mzmtg said:
Maybe if you stay out of the buildings.
:-s Are the buildings owned by somebody other than the nonprofit?

This sounds like private property to me.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Is Grant Park a state park? If not, then how it is off limits?

·
68,657 Posts
jrm said:
The City of Atlanta has an illegal ordinance banning carry within its city parks.
And so!?! :D Then how is it off limits?

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Maybe I'm mistaken here but I was under the impression that ALL of Atlanta was a Zoo... :lol:

·
Romans 10:13
4,632 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
Maybe I'm mistaken here but I was under the impression that ALL of Atlanta was a Zoo... :lol:
:rotfl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts