Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Zombie Virus Possible Says National Geographic

1K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  68908 
#1 ·
"Zombie Virus" Possible via Rabies-Flu Hybrid?
Highly improbable genetic tweak could create mutant virus.

Though dead humans can't come back to life, certain viruses can induce such aggressive, zombie-like behavior, scientists say in the new National Geographic Channel documentary The Truth Behind Zombies, premiering Saturday at 10 p.m. ET/PT. (National Geographic News is part of the National Geographic Society, which part-owns the National Geographic Channel.)

For instance, rabiesâ€"a viral disease that infects the central nervous systemâ€"can drive people to be violently mad, according to Samita Andreansky, a virologist at the University of Miami's Miller School of Medicine in Florida who also appears in the documentary.

Combine rabies with the ability of a flu virus to spread quickly through the air, and you might have the makings of a zombie apocalypse.
Much more at link: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... s-science/

Bwhaha! This is just in time for the walking dead premiere. So next time someone tells you that it is impossible to have such a scenario... tell them its improbable. :lol: :righton:

#3 ·
This was sort of the premise behind "28 Days Later". One of the comic books described a scientist's attempt to create a chemical or drug that would inhibit people's violent tendencies but instead created something that turned them aggressive. An aerosol based delivery system was described as being ineffecient so he used an "ebola-like" method of delivery. That's why normal humans turned into "Infected" in the movie, by blood contact.

#9 ·
Xiclotl said:
This was sort of the premise behind "28 Days Later". One of the comic books described a scientist's attempt to create a chemical or drug that would inhibit people's violent tendencies but instead created something that turned them aggressive. An aerosol based delivery system was described as being ineffecient so he used an "ebola-like" method of delivery. That's why normal humans turned into "Infected" in the movie, by blood contact.
I much preferred the follow up movie 28 Weeks Later. One of my favorite movies.

#10 ·
Rule #2 - double tap

#15 ·
The Rules!

1. Cardio
2. The Double Tap
3. Beware of Bathrooms
4. Wear Seat Belts
5. No Attachments
6. The “Skilletâ€
7. Travel Light
8. Get a Kick Ass Partner
9. With your Bare Hands
10. Don’t Swing Low
11. Use Your Foot
12. Bounty Paper Towels
13. Shake it Off
14. Always carry a change of underwear
15. Bowling Ball
16. Opportunity Knocks
17. Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
18. Limber Up
19. Break it Up
20. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
21. Avoid Strip Clubs
22. When in doubt know your way out
23. Zipplock
24. Use your thumbs
25. Shoot First
26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
27. Incoming!
28. Double-Knot your Shoes
29. The Buddy System
30. Pack your stain stick
31. Check the back seat
32. Enjoy the little things
33. Swiss army Knife

And Preparedness...

Don't I wish I had all that. :D

phantoms said:
I much preferred the follow up movie 28 Weeks Later. One of my favorite movies.
While I enjoyed 28 days later, I agree, I much preferred 28 Weeks Later. It is one of my favorites, along with Dawn of the Dead.

Its appears the Walking Dead TV show is going to be very good as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.