Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Zombie Shoot 200+ yards

989 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  groats 
#1 ·
Riverbend Gun Club near Dawsonville (an hour north of Atlanta) is having a Zombie Assault shoot on Saturday 10/16 in the morning.
Details here: http://www.zashoot.com
$15 range fee. No Club membership required. Open to the public for anybody with a rifle or carbine that can reach 200 yards.
If you've never been to Riverbend, their rifle range is amazing. The targets are hung in metal and wooden frames that the "pit crew" raises and lowers from what is basically a fortified trench about 10 feet deep.

#2 ·
Oh, and it looks like you'll get to shoot from at least 200 and 300 yards.
Maybe 600 yards also, if time permits.

Check out this disclaimer (sent to you by e-mail if you register):

The zombie targets do not have any political, idealogical, geographical,
or other identifiable affiliation.

Adults understand that Zombies do not exist and are fictional.
The River Bend Gun Club does not endorse allowing children to shoot at targets that
represent humans. ......we are limiting participation those 17 or over.

So, is RBGC's position that IF zombies existed, they would be human?
That's how it looks. I kina thought that zombies would cease to be human after they became zombies.
After that they would be some other life form that is clearly less than human.
Just walking on two legs and wearing some form of clothing does not a human make.

#3 ·
You are just a hater and a racist.

You're just trying to make those innocent zombies sub-human so you can feel you are better than they are.
Oh wait, I guess they are sub-human if they are classified as living dead.

So just never mind my whole post. Carry on.

On a serious note, that really sounds like fun for long range shooting. The disclaimer they put out was very funny. Even though some of the zombie targets do slightly favor some people I know.

Edited, because i can't post right.

#6 ·
So do any ADULTS want to bring out the rifles and shoot zombies at 200 and 300 yards from the sitting or prone positions?

If the weather is good that weekend, I'll probably do it.
I have an M1 Garand that I haven't fired in a couple years, and some cheap Greek early 1970s ammo that should work well in it.

#8 ·
Technically Zombies are nothing more than the re-animated corpses of the people they once were. So in saying they are human, is a gross exageration of what they really are which is in fact, walking skin bots that feel the need to feed on humans. :D
I really wish I could be there.

#9 ·
Technically Zombies are nothing more than the re-animated corpses of the people they once were. So in saying they are human, is a gross exageration of what they really are which is in fact, walking skin bots that feel the need to feed on humans. :D
I really wish I could be there.

#13 ·
The dead around Chicago vote regularly. But they don't rise from the grave to do it. They fill-in abentee ballots prepared for them by Democrat grassroots orgaizations, and the whole process is defended by "community leaders" like Barak Obama.

#14 ·
gunsmoker said:
The dead around Chicago vote regularly. But they don't rise from the grave to do it. They fill-in abentee ballots prepared for them by Democrat grassroots orgaizations, and the whole process is defended by "community leaders" like Barak Obama.
Since when should 'dead' be a disqualifier to the sacred right to vote the Democrat ticket?

How dead do you have to be, anyway? It would be easy to find hundreds of thousands of Chicago residents who are, for all practical purposes, inanimate except on the day the welfare checks come in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.