Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Zippo from amazon the other day and wanted to share. It's a "zipper" Zippo finished in black chrome.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46 ... Zipper.jpg

That's not mine, but it's the same model and finish.

There were a few questions I wanted to ask as well. Do y'all have any tips or hints that I need to know? Should I continue to use "Zippo" brand fluid, or are the better brands out there? Feel free to pitch in.

If you want to, throw in a picture of your Zippo(s).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,204 Posts
Rule #1
Do not overfill.

Rule #2
See Rule #1

Any brand of lighter fluid is fine. Stuff you a couple of spare flints under the cotton bottom you lift to refill it at. :wink:

My zippo... a Bic disposable. I've lost enough zippos to leave them at home now. All the zippos I have left were gifts and I don't want them lost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
Congratulations!

When you tire of refilling fluid and replacing flints, there is a butane fired insert available for about $10. Unfortunately, they're not made by Zippo so they aren't made to the same quality level nor do they have the unlimited warranty Zippo offers.

My Zippo belonged to my dad and dates back to WWII. I sent it back to Zippo once when the inner workings stopped working. Of course, they replaced everything. The chrome is worn off about half of it, but his signature is still there. I love it and I'm positive it'll still be working long after I'm also gone...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
And, it's made in the U.S.A., for the win! :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Macktee said:
Congratulations!

When you tire of refilling fluid and replacing flints, there is a butane fired insert available for about $10. Unfortunately, they're not made by Zippo so they aren't made to the same quality level nor do they have the unlimited warranty Zippo offers.

My Zippo belonged to my dad and dates back to WWII. I sent it back to Zippo once when the inner workings stopped working. Of course, they replaced everything. The chrome is worn off about half of it, but his signature is still there. I love it and I'm positive it'll still be working long after I'm also gone...
That's cool. I think things like that being passed down in the family is a great thing, and is to be cherished. Especially something from your dad who fought in WWII. Just think where all that lighter has been.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
JiG said:
Rule #1
Do not overfill.

Rule #2
See Rule #1

Any brand of lighter fluid is fine. Stuff you a couple of spare flints under the cotton bottom you lift to refill it at. :wink:

My zippo... a Bic disposable. I've lost enough zippos to leave them at home now. All the zippos I have left were gifts and I don't want them lost.
This is why I have a Zippo holster.
I have not lost a Zippo in 20 years. :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Puffyfish said:
JiG said:
Rule #1
Do not overfill.

Rule #2
See Rule #1

Any brand of lighter fluid is fine. Stuff you a couple of spare flints under the cotton bottom you lift to refill it at. :wink:

My zippo... a Bic disposable. I've lost enough zippos to leave them at home now. All the zippos I have left were gifts and I don't want them lost.
This is why I have a Zippo holster.
I have not lost a Zippo in 20 years. :righton:
+1000
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top