Zimbabwean Cops Beat Nursing Mothers

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Malum Prohibitum

3. Malum Prohibitum

“These beatings are to break our resolve,†Ernest said. “But they have strengthened it. The more they beat us, the more we realise we have serious work to do.â€

4. Malum Prohibitum

Among the injuries were more than 30 skull, hand, arm and rib fractures.

5. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Zimbabwe is a complete cluster. I don't think the administration will last out the year. Revolution is coming.

6. Saiga-12

Saiga-12 New Member

our enforcement is more 'well done'?
    [​IMG]

7. Malum Prohibitum

Why this year?

Robert Mugabe has been in power for almost three decades. He is not going anywhere.

8. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I say that because the inflation rate (now somewhere above 3500%) has made even the essentials of life outside the price range of the normal citizen. Combine that with price controls enacted by Mugabe you now have shortages on virtually everything.

So, Zimbabwe needs a relief valve. Normally that would be provided by allowing some of your citizens to leave. But the surrounding nations are showing increased reluctance to take these refugees. As of last count, I think South Africa alone had over 3 million of them. This from a country that only has a population of around 12 million or so.

So, no stable currency, combined with price controls, police that beat demonstrators and reluctance of surrounding foreign nations to take the refugees equals a recipe for revolution in my opinion.

So I agree with the outgoing US envoy on the subject of Zimbabwe.

9. Malum Prohibitum