Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The NCA holds “guerrilla†demonstrations in the face of police brutality so often that they are scarcely reported on. Almost every week young activists wander into the city centre in ones and twos and, at a given signal, sprint through the streets holding banners demanding a new constitution, dispersing and regrouping with the riot police in pursuit. Inevitably, several are caught and emerge a few days later, bloodied and battered. “Yes, you will be beaten up, for sure,†Mr Mugabe said last year after trade union leaders had been assaulted for attempting to hold a peaceful demonstration in Harare.

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
“These beatings are to break our resolve,†Ernest said. “But they have strengthened it. The more they beat us, the more we realise we have serious work to do.â€

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Among the injuries were more than 30 skull, hand, arm and rib fractures.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Zimbabwe is a complete cluster. I don't think the administration will last out the year. Revolution is coming.

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thorsen said:
Zimbabwe is a complete cluster. I don't think the administration will last out the year. Revolution is coming.
Why this year?

Robert Mugabe has been in power for almost three decades. He is not going anywhere.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Thorsen said:
Why this year?

Robert Mugabe has been in power for almost three decades. He is not going anywhere.
I say that because the inflation rate (now somewhere above 3500%) has made even the essentials of life outside the price range of the normal citizen. Combine that with price controls enacted by Mugabe you now have shortages on virtually everything.

So, Zimbabwe needs a relief valve. Normally that would be provided by allowing some of your citizens to leave. But the surrounding nations are showing increased reluctance to take these refugees. As of last count, I think South Africa alone had over 3 million of them. This from a country that only has a population of around 12 million or so.

So, no stable currency, combined with price controls, police that beat demonstrators and reluctance of surrounding foreign nations to take the refugees equals a recipe for revolution in my opinion.

So I agree with the outgoing US envoy on the subject of Zimbabwe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts