Zero Officers

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by ptsmith24, Jun 3, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277478,00.html

:shock:

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Sounds like a wonderful place to work. :roll:

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Blood will surely run in the streets.

Seriously, in a town that small, it's not like they are losing much. One officer couldn't do much anyways. Probably just went around breaking up domestic violence incidents and tossing drunks in the tank.

In a town of 688, I would assume there would be a fair degree of self-policing. I'd go a step further and say that damn near everyone is probably armed, lol.

Who cares anyways? What is the national standard for even having to have a police force? 500 people, 250 people, 2 people :shock: Let the state cops handle problems. It's not like it's a free-for-all without their one cop.

4. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I don't know the functionality of the Arkansas State officers. If this were to happen in GA it would be the sheriff handling things as the GSP typically wouldn't be handling local calls. It's not that way in every state though.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Does GSP usually just patrol the highways?

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Typically they generally patrol state highways and interstates although they do have complete statewide jurisdiction. It's rare to see them actively patrolling inside city limits though, but that can vary based on post and the cities involved.

Contrary to popular belief, the GBI doesn't have statewide jurisdiction except for in drug and ID theft cases and with their EOD. Otherwise they have jurisdiction on state property and must be asked to help in a local case.

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I just consulted the almighty google, and it appears the Arkansas has a full service state police:

http://www.asp.state.ar.us/

It's funny how different states do things. In the South we are used to having the sheriff provide full service in their counties, but in the northeast this is typically not the case with state police agencies handling everything outside of incorporated cities.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

ah.

I've seen a GSP car driving around the outskirts of Statesboro, but they have a little office right off I-16.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I see them driving through town all the time. I see SPD and University cops more than anything, then Sheriffs. Hell, I got rear ended by a statesboro cop while I was driving down Chandler...

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

But who is going to write all the speeding tickets? Civilization will probably end as we know it in that Arkansas town. Early news reports are stating that the desparate locals already are resorting to cannibalism.
    :shock:

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

This is a problem only sweet daddy fedgov can handle! Bring in the APCs! Que the SWAT teams! gogogo!!!

12. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Lock and Load!

13. Malum Prohibitum

Updated news, the city is burning and bands of roving savages are littering the streets with corpses . . .

14. pyromaster

pyromaster New Member

Then let's see if the Savage Police can come restore order. :D

15. Malum Prohibitum

CNN now estimates casualties in the thousands . . .

If only the town had overlooked Officer Stephens' insubordination . . .

If only . . .

:shakehead:

:help:

16. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

You'll see them passing through, and they will deal with stuff they see, but they usually don't actively patrol in such areas, especially if the locals have things pretty well covered. They will respond to calls for assistance. Funny thing is the number of wrecks they work a month on average has something to do with their post staffing.

17. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I guess in case of violent situation. They can't dial 911, instead:

.45 acp
    .40 S & W
    .357 magnum
    .357 Sig
    .38 special
    9mm

etc etc etc... :wink:

18. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Can someone contact these citizens via Ham radio? Let them know that they can proceed to the "free zone" whenever they feel it safe to do so.

The chair is against the wall!