YouTube will ban videos that promote or link to websites selling firearms and accessories

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GlockGary, Mar 21, 2018.

1. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

"YouTube, a popular media site for firearms enthusiasts, this week quietly introduced tighter restrictions on videos involving weapons, becoming the latest battleground in the U.S. gun-control debate.

YouTube will ban videos that promote or link to websites selling firearms and accessories, including bump stocks, which allow a semi-automatic rifle to fire faster. Additionally, YouTube said it will prohibit videos with instructions on how to assemble firearms. The video site, owned by Alphabet Inc.’s Google, has faced intense criticism for hosting videos about guns, bombs and other deadly weapons."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rm-sales-and-how-to-videos-prompting-backlash

2. reb1981

reb1981 Member

I just seen this. This is a bunch of crap. Its getting the the point I don't even wanna use YouTube anymore. They always leaning to the left.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

D-Tube, the next frontier. It's decentralized, so no taking anyone down on it. Go to Steemit to sign up for an account.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

What exaxtly is YouTube banning? Vids on how to sight-in an AR for 600 yard matches? Vids on how to build your own silencer (legal in many other countries)? Vids teaching people how to do the Mozambique Drill with all 3 good hits? Vids on how to complete an "8O%" AR-15 lower, by a company that sells them to anyone anonymously and puts a link to the sales order form along with the instructional vid?

Some vids on YouTube could be taken down or banned and it wouldn't bother me. It all depends what the content is and what purpose it serves.

5. suomi82

suomi82 Member

Does this mean I don't get to watch Hickok45 anymore? :(

Edit: I can't quote it seems, sorry.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  6. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic