Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It . . .

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 3, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have personally adhered to this rule - personally sign up one member a month! So far, I have been able to exceed this goal, in spite of my mysanthropic tendencies and overly abrasive personality (or so I am told :D ).

GCO needs more members if it ever hopes to equal the influence of the 800 lb gorilla (which shall remain nameless).

Our growth so far has been far better than I expected, but if there is one thing that will affect GCO's chances of success in 2008, it is members. When it comes right down to it, legislators care about votes. Numbers = votes. That is what happened in 2007 with HB 89. The 800 lb gorilla was able to kill it over our objection because the 800 lb gorilla can scare the out of legislators. Why? Numbers.

So, I resolve to shoot for signing up at least one member each month. I hope you will, too.

$15 annually is meant to make finances an irrelevant consideration in the decision.

If there is anything we can do to help, like business cards, flyers, speakers for your event, please let us tle-.

2. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Ok, I can't stand the peer pressure. I just joined using the e-check. I am lazy so I waited until e-check so I could join, :puke: I know it's a lame excuse.
    I feel much better now.
    "Come on in boys, the water is fine" :woohoo:

3. Malum Prohibitum

:woohoo:

I guess that is your quota for May! :lol:

4. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

ERROR

I get this error when I try the "E-check".
    There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
    The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
    The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
    We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
    Click here to close this webpage.
    Continue to this website (not recommended).
    More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
    When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
    If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

5. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Re: ERROR

Well I geuss I screwed the pooch on this. Is there anything I can do other than hope for the best?
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

6. Malum Prohibitum

What do you mean?

7. Malum Prohibitum

Mafuta, The other poster got the same message. It is an overly aggressive safety device installed by Bill Gates. His payment went through just fine.

8. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

You are correct Malum, my payment did go to the right place. :woohoo:
    Ed stone was very quick to answer my email and I greatly appreciate that.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

MP,
    How many members do we have now?

10. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

I was unable to go any farther to even fill out the e-check information. I get the error after I click on the "E-check" option!!

11. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Step 2- when I select the "Submit payment" button under the E-Check option is when the error appears!!

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If we could get every registered user of THIS site to join, we would have 460+ members. :shock:

13. rajl

rajl New Member

Don worry about the error message referring to the security certificate. All that means is that GeorgiaCarry is using an SSL certificate that isn't signed by a registered security company like Verisign, RSA, or Thawte. Most likely, it's on a box using a "self-signed" certificate (also called a poor man's certificate). Just click through the error messages to accept the certificate and proceed, and then do the e-check.

14. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

OK, I just got through the entire process and sent my Annual membership fee by e-check!!

15. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Sorry about that, I just added a note below that link that will let people know the question is coming and to click "yes" when it does (could have sworn I did that when I first made the page... but it obviously was not there).

16. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

As Bluto says!!!!

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Otter: Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the going gets tough . . . the tough get going. Who's with me? Let's Go! Come on! AAAAEEEEEGGGHHHH!!
    So who's with me on joining???????
    :woohoo:

17. Malum Prohibitum

PM sent

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Re: As Bluto says!!!!

TOGA, TOGA, TOGA, TOGA, TOGA, TOGA

19. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member