Your doctor could put you on no-gun list

Discussion in 'In the News' started by peashooter, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I am completely against this.....

Next they will include any kind of "shrink" visits, saying you are unstable. And gosh for bid you go to family counseling or anything like that. This is why I haven't and will never join the NRA. No offense to you that are. Just my personal choice.

Give em an inch and they will take a mile and a half!

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

"This underscores the problems that have existed all along with the Brady Law. At the time it was passed, some people foolishly thought, 'No big deal. I'm not a bad guy. This law won't affect me.' But what happens when good guys' names get thrown into the bad guys' list? That is exactly what has happened, and no one should think that the attempts to expand the gun control noose are going to end with the McCarthy bill," the gun owners group continued.

This is just the beginning of a very long aggrevating road.....

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

"Speaking to the CNN audience on June 13, head of the Brady Campaign, Paul Helmke, stated that, 'We're hopeful that now that the NRA has come around to our point of view in terms of strengthening the Brady background checks, that now we can take the next step after this bill passes [to impose additional gun control],'" said the gun owners.

I am hopeful Americans will wake up. More people are buying guns than ever and this will hit a wall sooner or later I think......I think......

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

"The National Rifle Association has endorsed the plan as a way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally unstable."

But this is a good idea....right USMC? Cmon..... you don't have to tow the party line.

This is bad legislation. This is GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION. Written by Carolyn McCarthy, the Brady's, and the NRA!

THE NRA IS NOW THE ENEMY

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Come on, guys, this may be true, but I doubt it. Let's get up in arms about it only after this is verified. I am not sure this is in the bill.

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

What about due process?

7. Malum Prohibitum

What about does this even exist?

8. Foul

Foul New Member

If true, my doctor could also need surgery to remove my foot and leg from his a$$.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Well, that is just it - if true. Has anybody yet read this legislation? I confess that I have not.

Link?

10. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I call :bsflag:

I mean, it is the state that is reporting the information. Why and to where would a doctor submit what medicine you are on?

There has to be a reason for the state to keep your name and what drugs you are on. Again if no determination of danger to yourself or others/committed to a hospital, it should not be provided.

Also notice that to keep receiving funds, the state must also have a way to update those records if somehow you are put on the list.

I hate it when gun groups go into conspiracy theories on something that isn't even remotely allowed.

12. Malum Prohibitum

GOA is dropping down a notch in my estimation . . .

Also, note that it speaks of adjudications. THis means there is a court judgment declaring you to be a danger.

13. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Seems pretty alarmist. Unneccessarily so... We've got real threats here...

Like :shoot: Bloomberg

14. pyromaster

pyromaster Member

I've reached the same conclusion in the last couple of weeks. Looks like the only groups I'll continue to support will be:
    GCO naturally
    NRA *although I have issues with them I think overall they do good for us
    SAF.

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

The NRA still works with the enemy pure and simple.

16. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

No doubt. Pretty soon the NRA will turn over the names of its members to the government. De facto registration, how 'bout them apples?

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Until they straighten their act up, I highly doubt I'm renewing when the time comes. Dang, I just looked and my membership is good until 31 JUL 2008.

18. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

This is exactly why I have never joined the NRA.

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member