"You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Macktee, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

My wife has enacted a ban against a Red Ryder for my 5 year old this Christmas . . .
    :(

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Veto

Man you have to veto that ban. I bought my girl a Little Buck when she was 5. I am looking at the .22s now that she is 7.

4. cbp0229

cbp0229 Member

Re: Veto

You trying to get him a black eye from his wife? :shattered:

5. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Sounds like they want to get rid of airsofts too.

It's this little type of stuff that ultimately harms us because despit the fact that toys are toys and real guns are real guns a childs ability to be around even toy guns IMO helps acclimate them to the real thing.

Next thing you know they'll want to ban pointed knives.

This reminds me: http://www.guncite.com/journals/okslip.html

6. kkennett

kkennett New Member

MP, that's a shame. Probably going to get my kids one this Christmas, 6 and 4 year olds. Only to be used with adult supervision at this point.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Well, she said this weekend maybe she will relent for his sixth birthday! \:D/

Coming up in a few months!

8. kkennett

kkennett New Member

9. Malum Prohibitum

Roswell, Georgia

Just a reminder that it is not always those New England liberals that are out there restricting Red Ryders . . .

Roswell and the Red Ryder

10. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Mercifully, Forsyth Co. is not that wacky yet. Parents, as usual, are either the solution or the problem. Why people worry so much about unattended children shooting BB guns, while standying by with unattended children guiding 4,000 lb. missles called cars, is a mystery to me. The carnage wrought by poorly supervised children in automobiles surely ought to be a higher priority than regulating how my daughter and I shoot BBs at paper targets in my back yard.

11. Taurus

Taurus New Member

LOL, I hear ya...That's awesome...I can't wait till my 2 and 3 year old big lil guys can go shootin with me...I bogut them each cap guns of course, and make them watch eddie eagle weekly..LOL...

Maybe they can get air soft guns next year at least...

Either way, it sucks to even here that someone would ban BB guns, they've been an American staple for kids for centuries, now some liberal control freaks are considering taking that away??? Bastages...

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

10 Year Old Daughter

I'm taking my 10 year old daughter shooting ths weekend. She has .177 pellet gun and she also likes shooting my .22 rifle. She even asked me if hse could shoot my Glock17 when we go. :D

13. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

I started my oldest son shooting a .22 caliber rifle when he was about 20 months old! 8)

14. Malum Prohibitum