You Signing Up For Tracking?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Sen. Warner wants us up here to get on the list. Per an email from him. Don't worry, yours is on the way.

Nemo

2. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I'm pretty sure they have been tracking me for a long time.

Smilodon likes this.

3. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I'm listed on page 75 paragraph 23 of Wiki Leaks release of 050418.

4. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Rookie!

OWM likes this.
  5. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

First off, whenever something is touted as being "free" you know it's not. You might not be paying for it with money but you're "paying" for it with something. Usually your personal info.

Secondly, another reason I don't use a cell phone.

7. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Have a smart phone? You're being tracked.

8. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Don't even need one. They're tracking you with facial recognition, license plate recognition, etc.

9. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

If you're wearing a mask you're not being tracked with facial recognition.

(I'm surprised the same folks who claim to be anti-surveillance are also anti-mask... like, this is your big chance to break facial-recognition algorithms.)

DH

10. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Good point with the LPRs. I had a discussion with a PI last week and he was telling me all about the operations we have out here with collecting plate info (as in private vehicles in parking lots, out and about on roads or even parked on the interstates). It's really quite scary...the main company has a huge database that tracks plates and catalogs the locations. People hear "it's just for LEO" but that's just not true. Much of the information is available to those that are in the private investigative world.

11. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

12. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

High mask, low hat, dark glasses.

Nemo

13. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

I don't think that it's as much being anti-mask as it is being anti-mask mandate by the government.

phantoms likes this.
  14. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

15. Clark

Clark Active Member

I have a friend who is wearing a full on military-style cartridge gas mask to places.

16. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

17. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

The cameras see this and they see what car he/she gets into or came out of. They have the license plate of that vehicle and all the relate info. they see where that car goes and who gets out.

Or they see that person go into a bathroom and then 10 or so other people exit without that face covering. They already know the other 9 that entered with different or no face coverings so they know which one is likely the person. Then they can trace as above.

I know the above is extreme but to think you're immune to being identified is just as extreme.

18. Clark

Clark Active Member

About the only way to truly avoid anything is hope your neighbors don't have good cameras, and go through back yards to hopefully avoid being seen coming out of your own house.

19. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

If you own a smart phone you're already trackable. Especially if voice assistants like siri or bixby are active.

I won't be downloading the carona app though.

20. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

You don’t have to. If you have an Android phone, look under Google Settings. If you have an iPhone then check Settings->Privacy->Health.