You people are sick!!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by hydroshutter, Jan 29, 2007.

1. hydroshutter

hydroshutter New Member

Haha, just kidding. :lol:

Now that I've got your attention, I was wanting to introduce myself. I'm Jeff, a business student, and currently own 2 handguns; a Glock 23 and a Springfield XD9mm. I also own a couple shotguns and rifles. I'm an all around gun/hunting enthusiast. My other hobbies include cars, fish, and finance.

Anyone else from the Lawrenceville/Snellville/Loganville area go to shoot at Bulls Eye? I go there because it's extremely close to my house. It relieves the stress from working in Insurance.

So, how about it? :p

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'm at Bullseye about every week. I'm at my girlfriends on Saturday/Sunday and it's about a mile away. I usually go on Saturdays or Sundays now once she leaves for work at 2.

I'm actually contemplating buying a Glock 23. I have read that the 3rd gens allow you to shoot .357 sig and 9mm by simply switching barrels and mags?

If you are game for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon I'm down. Let me shoot the Glock 23 and you can play with my Kimber .45, my .357, my .38, my AK, my AR or whatever else I drag down there. Usually I bring 3 or 4 guns.

Welcome to the board.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO hydroshutter.

4. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Not exactly .... with any Glock 40 S&W, you can buy a conversion barrell in 357 Sig. The case size for a 357 is the same a 40S&W so there is no need to change mags.

If you got a Glock 20, you could get barrels in 40 S&W and 357. The mags will also work with those two calibers.

To convert your 23 to a 9mm, you'll need new mags, a new barrell, and change some parts ... extractor, etc. not a big deal but not as easy as a barrel change. Although for range use, it may work without changing the internals.

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Thanks for your response, Mike.

I have been seriously playing wth the idea of getting a Glock lately. The thought that I could shoot multiple calibres with something as simple as a barrel change was one of those justifications I use on myself when I buy a new gun.

I handled a G20 this weekend and it felt like a brick. Way too thick. I couldn't imagine carrying it. Same thing with the Glock 30 in .45.

I've shot a Glock 27 and it's just too small.

6. hydroshutter

hydroshutter New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Foshizzle, I'd be happy to shoot with you one weekend. My glock currently needs some repair, so it may be a few weeks before it's back on the range. I'll be happy to come and shoot my XD, though.

The 23 seems a little more bulky compared to my XD, but it fits perfectly in my hand. The .40 is a little heavier than I wanted in a carry weapon, but the size of it compared to my XD is it's trade off.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

What's wrong with your Glock?

8. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Welcome to the best damn info site on the net regarding Georgia. what is wrong with your Glock? I just had the frame recall done on my g-19 at Glock in Smyrna last week.