Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife just reported the public pool, to which she took the kids, is run by the YMCA, and she had so sign something saying no weapons . . .

:???:

Lynch Park Pool, Newnan.

Resolved - no more disarmament as a condition of entering a publicly owned recreational area.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call placed to City Manager . . .

·
American
3,289 Posts
Wait, kids can't voluntarily pray in school but the Y can run a city pool? Ok.......

Thanks for calling the city manager.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
I see no rules or such on that link noting anything to do with guns. I guess they just want it quiet and sneaky.

Nemo
Perhaps the city will claim it's all the Y's doing in the classic attempt at the shell game

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
I'd go 3 to 1 you are correct.

Nemo

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see no rules or such on that link noting anything to do with guns. I guess they just want it quiet and sneaky.

Nemo
She is bringing me the form she had to sign.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Activist judges think it does.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The City of Newnan is getting an opinion from its legal counsel before taking any action, which I think is reasonable.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
The City of Newnan is getting an opinion from its legal counsel before taking any action, which I think is reasonable.
Email? Phone Call? Pigeon Delivery? Overheard in a hallway?

Nemo

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For what it's worth: (a) The City of Newnan apparently had no clue the YMCA was imposing this condition, and (b) the YMCA appears to be using their standard form with no thought having been given to the issue of whether it was appropriate to impose this condition for entrance to publicly owned recreational property.

·
American
3,289 Posts
So far, so good. Thanks for addressing this and keeping us informed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts