yet another new cumming member

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by zookeper, May 28, 2007.

1. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i've been reading "lurking" long enough to know i like this group, the forum has been very informative, i've learned much about what's allowed and proper. and it's nice to see so many here are in my area.

i've owned firearms most of my life and i've been packing occasionally for a long time but only recently made it legal with permit. i'm getting comfortable with more frequent carry now, thanks!

2. Dan H

Dan H New Member

:welcome:

And interesting sig

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:welcome: From another Cumming member.

4. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

ok I'm curious how you came up with your handle... I am the exotics tech at UGA's vet school so I was curious if you were at zoo atlanta...

5. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

Welcome! :welcome:

That was my first thought too...my wife worked there for a short time a few years back. She has her Wildlife Biology Degree from UGA and could only get a job in the petting zoo :roll: For REALLY low pay too...

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO zookeper!

7. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

when i finished my biology degree, 21 years ago, i too tried for a job at the zoo atlanta with similar disappointing results. i am not a zoo keeper by profession, i am an interior landscape contractor. i do however keep a multitude of exotic pets and have been using the handle "zookeper" in practly every forum, email list, etc i've ever participated in over the past 10 years or so i've been on the web.

i also managed a team for several years for the now dead soldier of fortune shooter game (didn't need a carry permit there:) and made the avitar/sig for the game forums, i just modified it a bit to work here so i could show off some of my toys.

thanks for the warm welcome!!!

8. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

yeah zoos as a whole pay crappy since most folks will work there for free... If you ever need vet stuff come on up to UGA. Bring the critters for an appt and we can go shooting...

oh yeah welcome btw

9. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Don't worry about her threats; she wouldn't really do that to your pets :wink:

Welcome to our little playpen
    :welcome:

10. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:rotfl:

12. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Welcome aboard! Put some newspaper down under your livestock, we try to keep the place as clean as possible.

13. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:welcome: Please consider joining GCO. Check it out by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:?

Does this mean you install landscaping inside people's houses? I guess that helps keep the lawn greener during those hot, dry summer months!

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It does make a little mess when you run the sprinkler. Would that be exempt from outdoor watering bans?

16. Sharky

Sharky New Member

welcome to the best site ever.

17. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Welcome. You icon looks like a Commie Kommono Dragon. :lol: If those had dropped out of the sky during "Red Dawn" then the Wolverines would have been chewed to pieces. Literally. :shock: