Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with zookeeper today to pick up something to try out for a bit and see how I like it. I'm thinking I'll be pretty happy with this, but may elect for a model with the rough side out in the end. We'll see though....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Re: Yep, another zookeeper thread

Very nice! I've been thinking about something like that for a G36 except with loops for IWB.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

For anything that doesn't REQUIRE being totally invisible/concealed, I'm definitely not a fan of both the gun and the mag on the same side. In this case, it works for the sake of being quite invisible.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

That holster is awesome. Scaled up just a bit, and I can see using something like that for my P230.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts

I have him doing a carry rig for my 1911. After he does it, I need to have Al make me a new belt. Of course, I will need to have Zoo make me a "show" holster before the next GCO Convention..........

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Definitely a demand for them. Once I started looking into it, seems like there's many, many pocket holster makers out there. I always like the ability to stay local and keep my money local though! :righton:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

zookeper said:
i just wish i could take good pictures like that. i hope to have several functional pocket holster designs in the near future as the micro market seems to be setting up for some demand for them.
might have to talk to you about making one for my PM40, i only have a cheap don Hume holster right now and it works, but not how i want it to.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
That is a good looking holster. Neat design putting the mag on the side of the holster. How does the mag draw from the holder?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jmathis84 said:
That is a good looking holster. Neat design putting the mag on the side of the holster. How does the mag draw from the holder?
Good question, and I hope to never have to find out. :) I'd have to put the gun in the left hand and dig the magazine out with my right and then reload. By no means a perfect setup, and definitely one that will take practice to get used to, but when ultimate concealability is the goal, you can't beat having everything in one pocket in a very tidy package. This would make for a good BUG gun holster too--get one made for your off hand side and it'd be perfect.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After wearing cargo pants and cargo shorts all weekend with this setup, I'm finally wearing jeans today. Its a bit of a snug fit. On the up side, there's no way this holster setup can move around and position the gun differently on its own. On the down side, I can't even imagine trying to reload from this without a lot of practice. I'm definitely developing and learning some preferences that will go into making a final decision on a holster design for the LCP though.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picked up the final version that I decided to go with from zookeeper today, and am (as usual) very pleased. I wanted something I can use for either left or right pockets as I may sometimes carry the LCP only and at other times I may choose to carry both my SR9c and the LCP. This holster will allow me to do either. I also have an Aholster Pwii (kydex IWB) that should be here today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts