Year after Year, Our Culture of Dependence Grows

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield/201 ... _wingfield

Disturbing. Do not read if you want to sleep peacefully.

2. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

I think some of the comments may be even scarier than the article.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I dunno. I thought this one was excellent.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Just wait until things come crashing down around all of us. The entitlement crowd will be the most violent, dangerous, and ruthless mob the world has yet to see.

5. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

Where is John Galt when you need him?

6. 175FO

175FO Member

we just have to look at France to see what will happen in the United States as government dependance grows. Look at the riots there all because they want to raise the retirement age by a couple years. Imagine what will happen when the United States announces that the social security system is out of money, sorry no more checks for all the retired and disabled people. I would bet that all those on social security disability will all of a sudden have the urge to get out on their feet and protest.

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Yep. I do not want to be anywhere near downtown Atlanta when it happens. The entitlement crowd will get nasty indeed.

Great post, MP. Everybody needs a wake up call every once and a while. If our government makes major cuts to entitlements, we'll have minor problems, maybe some upheaval, but nothing crazy. Or our government can just wait until it all falls apart and things are going to get very nasty.

Who is going to make these cuts to the entitlements, do you think the Republicans are going to do it? Not a very good way to get votes, is it? Not a great plan to get re-elected.

What was that quote about people voting for entitlements for themselves and the Republic? You know, the one from that famous guy?

You know the one I'm talking about. :wink:

8. shamalama

shamalama New Member

Not for target practice, not for hunting, not for foreign invasion ... but for the post-SHTF hoard that spent the last two generations complaining against me and my beliefs is why I keep 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 next to a well-oiled AK-47.

????? ???? is not just for the government.

The coiled rattlesnake on the big yellow flag on my front porch will be their only warning.

9. AV8R

AV8R Banned

To think of only "downtown" Atlanta as the only entitlement crowd is gross underestimation. There are many people downtown who pay their share. There are many people out here in rural areas that do not and feel entitled.