XD .45 Shoulder Holster Recommendations

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Guest, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll be moving from MO to GA (Acworth/Cobb Co) right after Christmas (military.) Right now I have a Ruger LCP that I can conceal easily in front/back pocket and also IWB and I'm researching a small/single stack 1911 style weapon for future purchase that I would like to CC as well. I also own a XD .45 4" and am considering semi-OC in a shoulder holster while wearing either a light winter coat or fleece jacket (out shopping/running errands and driving, etc.) I've used shoulder holsters numerous times while deployed for daily carry and feel pretty comfortable wearing/presenting a weapon this way. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would prefer leather and I'm considering putting together a Galco Jackass setup but I would consider others holster makers. I would rather have a quality made rig versus cheap. I like the Galco Jackass system as I could adjust the height/cant of the holster/mag holder to my liking. The Galco classic lite looks like an affordable setup, but I don't see the XD .45 specifically listed. The Jackass rig would have to be purchased seperately (harness, holster for the XD, mag holder) and assembled (doesn't come pre-packaged for the XD .45.)

Sarge

2. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Puffyfish, thanks for that link. That is a very nice design! How long did you have to wait for production, and how was the customer service?

Sarge

4. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

He had it in stock (1911). His service is excellent. Mind you, everything is made by hand. :righton: