"X" plan prices on new car or truck.

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Macktee, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I'm retired from Ford and recently received notification Ford has increased the number of "X-plan" PINs I can offer to eight per year.

X-plan pricing covers almost all Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Jaguar, Volvo, Mazda and Ford truck vehicles. I believe the Ford GT, Shelby Cobra, Cobra GT500 and some heavy duty trucks are specifically excluded.

Vehicles can be registered to individuals or to businesses.

The "A/Z-plan" is for close family and that's the best price available. The "X-plan" is the second best price and better than anyone is going to get just by going to a dealership.

X-plan price is around $100. under dealer invoice. Invoice price can be founds at Edmunds or the Kelly Blue Book websites. The buyer gets to keep any rebates and the dealers aren't allowed to charge any extra "documentation" fees, which can run from $250.-$500.

It's not impossible, but it's difficult to do better than X plan unless a dealer has a vehicle they really need to get rid of. Trade-in value of an existing vehicle must be negotiated with the dealer. There is no negotiation required (or allowed) when buying a vehicle using an X-plan PIN.

If anyone is interested they can send me a PM or e-mail me at mmctighe@comcast.net.

I'll be happy to try to answer any questions. I can also check on a specific vehicle to be sure it is covered by the plan, determine if any rebates are available and come up with the actual purchase price. I'll even go to the dealer with you if you wish and it's not too far from Alpharetta.

Of course, no one would be under any obligation to make a purchase ever if they receive a PIN.

There's really nothing in it for me but the opportunity to help my company sell vehicles and help you people get a better price. OK. I gotta be honest here. I did get a tee shirt last year for the five I sold....!

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

My brother/parents are looking at getting a Ford Mustang.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Thanks for the offer Mackatee. I get the same deal through my company since we are a "partner" with Ford. (we provide all the US automakers wind tunnels)

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Cool thanks. This would be a lovely thing to have as a stickie maybe. I wish I was in the market for a new vehicle, but that new house I bought is going to keep me in the old one for a while... :(

5. grayelky

grayelky New Member

Very nice jseture. I wish you well.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I really

hope that Ford can recover from it's financial troubles. I equate the Mustang up there with Mom's apple pie. A true American icon that I couldn't imagine not seeing on the roads.

Thanks for your offer. I am not on the market for a vehicle right now.

7. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

hmm... give me a man in a red mustang that can out shoot me and I would be in heaven... :love:

I LOVE FORDS. I have had an F-150, F350, and ranger. I really want to restore a 1965 mustang.

Thanks for the offer but I gotta wait.

8. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Re: I really

+1
    Ever since I was a child I have always wanted a mustang, specifically a 69. There was a time when American automakers made something that I would beg/borrow for, but in all honesty, that time has passed. In my opinion Ford should re-release the 60's model Mustang, with only minor modernization to safety and confort, everything else stock 60's. They would sell like cupcakes. Imagine being able to own a brand new 2007/1967 Mustang, I would pay out the butt for something like that.

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

'68 Fastback Shelby...

Damn, need a cold shower now...

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I made ALOT of money off of Mustang owners. They all thought they could out run my 72 'Cuda and were willing to bet on it. The owner of one modified Mach 1 was willing to put $500 a run for the best 3 out of 5 runs. I didn't want to hurt his feelings too bad, so I gave him the first and third runs.

BTW my 'Cuda was turning 775 HP at the wheels, before hitting the happy button. The happy button gave me 1000+ HP by injecting nitrous oxide into both carbs. :twisted:

Don't worry, I didn't just pick on Mustang owners, I also made money off of Camaro, Vette, and motorcycle owners.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Is this a serious statement, with no exaggeration?

12. Malum Prohibitum

Driveline details?

Camshaft numbers, intake manifold, heads, header size, compression, stall speed, gearing and in what type of rearend . . .

oh, and 60 foot, eighth mile and quarter mile numbers please.

:-k

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Malum Prohibitum demands a full inquiry! 8)

14. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Without pictures, it didn't happen.

So Adam, where are the pics???

And what happened to that particular vehicle?

Why would you ever get rid of it?

It was a woman, wasn't it???

You pitiful PW'ed WUSS!!!

It really was a woman! Go ahead. Admit it. You're so PW it isn't even funny!!!

No one could have a car like that and turn into a complete wimp. No one. Not even you. So, we need pics of the car or the woman who made you sell it...

We'll not talk about my Triumph TR-4 at this time...

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I wish I could claim to have built it myself, but the entire driveline was sorta given to me.

My family used to own an independent auto parts wholesale distributor. We supplied shops and parts stores in W. TN, N. MS, and E. AR. I bought the car with a 340 in it, and wanted to build a bigger engine. My father got a call one day from a customer who built drag cars and was closing his business. He told my dad that he could not pay the $20,000 he owed, and was declaring backruptcy. My father asked if he could pay any of his bill. He offered my dad a deal. He had a 525ci Keith Black aluminum hemi that he had bought the parts for and built for a customer that never picked it up. He also had a custom built 727 trans w/4200 stall converter to match it, and a 4.56 Detroit Locker rear end. He had built the whole setup for his customer's Dodge Charger. It was topped with KB alum heads, Offenhauser intake, and twin Predator carbs.

The deal was he would give me the entire setup, install it, and write the company a check for $10,000. My father took him up on the offer, I added the fiberglass front cap, fiberglass door skins, fiberglass deck lid, and two nitrous bottles. One bottle was hidden and functional, the other was in the trunk and not really hooked to anything, but it looked like it was(It came in handy if I was negotiating a race and the other driver wanted me to disconnect my bottle)

With racing fuel, nitrous and slicks it's best 1/4 ET was 9.22 and best trap speed was 162. I never timed it on an 1/8.

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Getting rid of it was not my choice. I was running it at a Mid-America Mopar event and managed to blow the motor and total the car within about a half second of each other. I was at about 3/4 track when I caught a flashing red light out of the corner of my eye. In the split second that it took for mind to register that I lost oil pressure and back my foot our of it, it threw a rod. Since some guy (I don't know who :roll:) had removed all the fender linings to save weight, either a piece of the block or a piece of the rod tore a hole in the inner sidewall of one of my front tires. When the tire blew, the car hung a sharp right turn and my fiberglass front end met the reinforced concrete wall up and personal like.

17. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Oooh BUMMER!

Sorry I said those things about you.

Well, most of them...

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

LOL. I still say that Lexxy looks like the mail man for some reason......

19. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Since we are talking about muscle/pony cars....

Have you guys seen the new Dodge Challenger? That is one bad azz mofo mopar! :lol:

Check it out:
    http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html

I have owned a couple of mustangs and my brother is a die hard GM guy. (If I recall correct, he has had 2 Chevelles, a 69, and 70, currently owns a 72 Pickup that is restored, black with chrome, on American Racing rims and 383 stroker motor and is currently restoring a 69 Camaro.) I love muscle cars all of them, regardless of the badge on the front of the car. I was toying with getting an old camaro like my bro...but I might just have to commit myself to making about 60 payments to Dodge if this car is what I expect it to be.

20. Malum Prohibitum

:shock: