WTT for an AK

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by asbrand, Jun 9, 2007.

1. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

All,

I've been wanting an AK-47 or clone for quite some time. However, financial constraints have limited me from doing so. :(((

I am, however, willing to trade. I'll be willing to trade evenly...don't mean to screw anybody out of anything.

I have the following I'm willing to put into the trade:

I'm willing to trade any 1, 2 or 3 of the above to equal the cost / worth of the AK.

I love all of the above weapons, but I really want / need an AK. And, I'm broke...so...there ya go... 8)

*EDIT* - forgot to mention I have some musical instruments I'm willing to trade also. Used to be in a band or two, but gotten way too busy for it.

Have the following instruments up for possible trading too (all are in excellent working condition):

Can get photos of the guns up if anybody wants a look-see.

2. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

I think we may be able to make a deal. I have a romanian SAR-1 and i was looking for a cz-52. If you can post pics of that, and the PT-22 and the savage arms .22 and the m38.

I'm going to do the research to see if the PT-22 can get a threaded barrel and work with a pilot suppresor, if so i'll take that and the cz-52 and maybe some ammo if you have any. If not i may take the savage instead.

Are you going to be at the 6/16 shoot? i'm bringing my AK and 50 rounds or so, your welcome to shoot it a little. Fun rifle.

3. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

I've already got pics of the CZ-52, so I can go ahead and post those. I'll get photos of the others later today and get them here.

Do you have any photos of the SAR-1 you have?

And, unfortunately, no...I am not going to be able to go to the shoot. I'll be in Myrtle Beach, SC with family at that time. :(

[​IMG]

Bigger Image: http://www.asbrand.com/pics/guns/CZ/CZ52/cz52_left_side.jpg

[​IMG]

Bigger Image: http://www.asbrand.com/pics/guns/CZ/CZ52/cz52_right_side.jpg

[​IMG]

Bigger Image: http://www.asbrand.com/pics/guns/CZ/CZ52/cz52_muzzle.jpg

4. NetAdminWithGun

I'll post some in just a sec.

5. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

I dont have an AK to trade right now, although I have two kits that just need to be built.

But, how much do you want for the Mosin 91/30 ??

6. NetAdminWithGun

[​IMG]

2nd one down of course , only pic i have at the moment.

7. GunCrazed

GunCrazed New Member

James... I see one problem with this picture. Your varmint rifle is in this one... but where is your sexy Glock!?

Off topic I know - Sorry. :)

8. NetAdminWithGun

That was taken before i got it :)

My single barrel 12gauge isn't in there either.

But that aside its not in there because i didn't want to ruin the picture.

I'll take one of it along with the high heels and lipstick that came with it.

9. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

If I do not sell/trade the M38, I might be interested in selling the 91/30. But, if I sell the M38, I won't. :)

I think I paid about $75 for the 91/30. What's the going rate now? It does have a hex receiver.

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

There are sexy Glocks? When did those come out?

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Around the early 1980s.

12. NetAdminWithGun

Damnit i want that cz-52 but i couldn't find a threaded barrel for the PT-22.

I"ll have to think about it, can you post what estimated value you want for each?

13. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

The PT22 is worth about $150. The CZ52 is about $100. The 22 rifle is about $100. Mosin-Nagant M38 about $100. I am guestimating them all.

Let me know what you decide. :)

Trading is still open until somebody follows through with a deal. 8)

14. jp233

mosin 91/30's you can get for about $70-90 round or $80-100 hex.

asbrand I am definitely interested in your 91/30 Hex... :) my M44 needs a taller friend.

15. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Well, like the title post says... I'm interesting in trading some of my things towards an AK. Not an outright sale.

If you build up one of those kits you mentioned, we can talk about it. 8)

Offer is still open. *grin* :D

16. jp233

yeah I just got the kits a week or 2 ago, just cleaned them up the other day, oiled them down, and they are resting comfortably in the safe for now. have a ton to do over the next month so i wont be doing anything with them in the short-term.

but.... i could always order another one (around a hundo) and trade it to ya straight up for the 91/30 !!! :) :) both of mine are in GREAT shape, great bores, wood in good shape, all the parts there just needs a receiver and to be put together properly...

17. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Where does one go about ordering just a receiver for an AK? :shock:

Honestly, I have no clue...

18. jp233

You can buy flats and bend your own (need tooling etc too though)

or you can order bent receivers, with rails, heat treated and serialized (must go thru FFL).

I am going to get mine from NDS (NoDakSpud), probably just going with cheapy NDS-3 receivers ($55 shipped each). Then you just need to put it all together and finish it!!

i want to build my own, i loev working with metal, but if i got all the tooling and started doing that - it could be a slipper slope. i could become an AK-building nut! :shock:

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

If you mean early 2000s, I can almost see what you mean:
    [​IMG]
    ...but it's still only sexy for plastic fetishists.