Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Located in Savannah. FTF sale only. Will travel to meet up if I have to.

Ive listed this before if anyone is wondering and just decided to start a new thread on it.

This was the poor mans Winchester 52. It is a solid rifle but not in the same league as a 52 or Remington 40X.

I originally bought this rifle with a scope on it (so yes it has been drilled and tapped. Maybe a good thing or a bad thing depending) I only ever shot it this way since I have owned it. Ive been into 10/22s for a few years now and it doesn't get much action. I put the Lymans on it to try and spice it up a little but in the end just decided I should part with it.

So here is. The way it was meant to be. The Lyman 90MJT is click adjustable and the front globe has all the inserts. They are virtually brand new. The rifle itself has its original magazine but the spring was weak. Luckily there are high quality new ones available and this rifle includes one of those as well. I does have drilled and tapped holes for a generic scope mount as well as the tapped holes for mounting the long old school Unertl or Redfield scopes with external adjustments if you wanted to be nostalgic and go that route.

Serial number puts it in the mid to late 40s. Im pretty sure the stock has been refinished at some point. If the metal has been reblued, then they did a great job at not washing out the lettering during the repolish. The bluing looks great and there is only a slight bit of surface rust near the muzzle. Simply a fantastic 70 year old rifle.

A real deal at $350.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Yes, that's a great deal at $350.

This is a good rifle to take to an Appleseed shoot, whey they let people shoot the qualification at 25 or 50 yards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts