WTS AK Scope/Mount Package

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by ptsmith24, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

This was only mounted on my AK for only one range trip. I found that I like using iron sights better than a scope.

It comes with:

(1) 4x32 Range Estimating Scope (with Instructions)
    (1) Mil-Dot Range Estimating Chart
    (1) Lens Cleaning Cloth
    (1) Scope Mount (with Instructions)
    (1) pair of rings
    (2) allen wrenches for mount and rings
    (1) set of hardware (there are a couple extra screws)
    (1) set of lens cover caps

Asking <strike>$60</strike> $55 shipped

You can PM me, post here, or email patrick.t.smith (at) gatech.edu with questions.

Scope mounted on my AK:

[​IMG]

Everything set out:

[​IMG]

Boxed up:

[​IMG]

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

So how sturdy is that receiver cover scope mount?

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It's sturdy. It's a coated aluminum. Just slightly heavier than the original bolt cover (obviously because of the rail). I'll be glad to let people check it out in person. I know that's kind of a problem for a lot of people on here, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

5. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am curious. I do not want to belittle the mount and the scope. How many rounds did you shoot with the scope with the mount on it? Did it lose its zero? I read many complaints about that kind of mount on AK.

Thank you

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

To be honest, I've never even zeroed it. I mounted it and fired about 10-15 rounds before I realized I liked the iron sights better. It's a see through mount, so you can still use iron sights, but I still prefer just straight up iron sights. It seemed very sturdy when it was mounted and the two screws on the mount (which you can sorta see in the first picture, and can see in the second picture) are tightened all the way down and definitely help with the sturdiness.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Here's to the new members:

:cheers:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Would this have any problem mounting to another rifle? (Like my .22 or 30 ought?)

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

As long as you have a Weaver-style mount, I don't see why not. Obviously the receiver cover won't do you any good. If you want to stop by and check it out, let me know (PM, etc.). Thanks.