Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new software makes all images .webp files so it's impossible to save as an image. This makes saving an image from any thread hard as hell.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'm able to save them in Firefox (windows) and open them in Gimp. From there they can be exported to different formats.

·
PITA
234 Posts
Greed (this site is now about attempting to make money, instead of principle/hobby/covering operating expenses). And/or rinky dink forum software. I know the frustration, and I often revert to <alt> <prt sc> (print screen), then pasting the image into MS Paint, then saving as a .jpg file. Big PITA hassle, but it works.

·
Administrator
658 Posts
The new software makes all images .webp files so it's impossible to save as an image. This makes saving an image from any thread hard as hell.
Could you link to me a page with an image you are not able to save? I want to replicate this.
-Philip

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Maybe we should require the source IRL when posting in the Beautiful Women thread. Lol

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could you link to me a page with an image you are not able to save? I want to replicate this.
-Philip
It's not that I can't save them, it's that they save in WebP format which makes it hard to share meme from here on the phone to friends that don't want them. :)

The website doesn't keep the format that people inserted or linked the memes in (usually png), but instead puts them as a WebP file if you try to download them. An example, go to the Savage memes thread ( such as Savage Political Memes ) and right click image and save. Better yet, Click on the image and then when it pops out try to save. Or even when it pops out choose View Image and then try to save. All images are converted to WebP even if they were simply linked into a post.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,056 Posts
Use a laptop or other bigger screen. Phone screens are way to small to give full appreciation.

Nemo

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am using a PC. I just like to transfer the images over to my phone so I can annoy send them to my friends.

If it was just images uploaded specifically to this website, it wouldn't bother me as much, but it's doing it to all images including images people link to. The forum should in no way (IMO) alter the linked image's locations. It should allow you to right click those images and view them from their original source without altering them or there behavior at all.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,056 Posts
When I click on a pic I am asked where to save and as what. I take to file and rename it as a jpg. Seems to save, work, post, and do as I want it to. Course, I am dumber on a computer than a delete key so . . ..

Nemo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts