WTB - Sig 229R 9mm SA/DA - Bought

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by GrimJack, Oct 4, 2007.

1. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I am in the market for a 9mm Sig 229 with Rail with traditional SA/DA trigger. I am looking for a fairly new weapon in very good condition. On the other hand I would prefer not to pay full retail NIB price either. I may consider a trade that would include a Kahr PM9 and a holster or two if that would make a difference. Larry, keep your eyes open for me, or I will trade you some electrical work for your 229/CT Grip combo. :D

Okay, you guys can quick looking, or I mean Larry you can quit loocking. Broke down and purchased a Certified Un-Enjoyed Model.

2. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Re: WTB - Sig 229R 9mm SA/DA

NO WAY!?!?!

Please tell me you weren't willing to accept a LNIB Sig P226R two-tone with 6 mags. I just ordered the PM9 a couple of hours ago.

Is your Kahr two-tone?

:cry:

3. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Re: WTB - Sig 229R 9mm SA/DA

I prefer a 229R but I would have considered a nice looking 226R. Yep, 2 tone 4 months old and had a trip back to the factory to get the feed ramp poloshed.

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

longslide - get on the horn to cancel the order. LOL. I love two-tone, wish my Sigs were two-tone.

5. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Have a pic of the Sig? Is it 9mm?

6. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Tony, just be patient and keep your eyes open. I'll do the same.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Check with CDNN. I just got a specials email and this was in it:

That's new. You have to go to their website.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com

and download their catalog (.pdf) and find it in there. I don't know much about Sigs and prices and all, so I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I hope this helps and good luck with it.

8. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

It is a 9mm, I'll try and find a way to take pictures of it.

9. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Trigger=DAK Thought he said DA/SA

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What does DAK stand for? Does it mean just DA?

edit: nevermind..found it on shooting times website.

11. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

:D I tried whenever GJ replied to my post, but it was too late, the PM9 was on the way from the distributor to Jerry.

I love two-tone as well. My Sig P226R is the prettiest Sig I've ever seen. It's a mix between an Equinox and a Two-Tone. The original owner bought it new in February as a two-tone, and then apparently had all of the controls and trigger bead-blasted down to the stainless steel and polished the top plane of the sides on the slide like the Equinox (confusing sentence)... I'll have to show you a picture.

Grim Jack, do you have anything else you'd like to trade?

I'll probably cry when I say this, because the Sig cost almost twice as much as my CZ, but I like my CZ P-01 more than the Sig. It fits my hand better and I'm more accurate with it. If you haven't looked into a P-01 instead of a P229R you might want to.

Here's a thread at THR with arguements for both guns:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=176378

12. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

[​IMG]

13. VolGrad

Would you be interested in a LNIB 229R DA/SA in .40? Only about 250-300 rounds through it. Factory NS, 3 mags, also have a brand new Comp-Tac paddle and brand new Hogue rubber finger groove grips. If so, PM me. I can send pics and more details. I might be listing it in the next day or two. I am thinking of replacing it with a 220 or 220 Carry.

14. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Thanks, sounds good but I am tryint to limit may calibers and .40 isn't in my current list.

15. VolGrad

Me too, and I have two .40s. LOL.

16. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I purchased myself a new Sig 229R today. It was my treat to myself for passing my Certified Ethical Hacker exam.

17. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Congratulations. :D