Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing a rifle in the somewhat near future and I wanted to see what all everyone had for sale or might be willing to let go of (i.e., might not already be FS on this site). I don't have a particular price range in mind as I just wanna weigh out my options and see what people have to offer. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those mosins looked pretty neat. I've thought about old military rifles or maybe a newer rifle such as an AR or AK. probably not a shotgun... just for clarification even though i put rifle in the thread subject. I guess I should go to the next gun show so I can handle stuff in person, but I thought I'd get some ideas to start out with here.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,869 Posts
If you want o wait until after next months shoot there wil be plenty there to try out. I'll have:

1891 Argentine Mauser 7.65x54
Mosin Nagant M44 7.62x54R
Saiga (sporter AK) .223
HI-Point Carbine w/ATI stock 9mm

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Those mosins looked pretty neat. I've thought about old military rifles or maybe a newer rifle such as an AR or AK. probably not a shotgun... just for clarification even though i put rifle in the thread subject. I guess I should go to the next gun show so I can handle stuff in person, but I thought I'd get some ideas to start out with here.
PM sent.

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
Doesnt get any better than a Mosin 91/30 or M44 carbine. Cool rifles, good quality if you get a pre-war or post-war, ammo is CHEAP (10-13 cents a round!) and the rifle is cheap, and they SPIT FIRE :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock:

Enfields and Mausers are up there too but ammo is not as friendly on the wallet

course how can you beat an AK variant.... semi-auto means more boom boom and less hurty shoulder

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
nice list mastino.

for me, #1-5 are checked off. Well, #4 is actually a CZ 550 in 30-06. Close enough? :) And #6 is part of my list too. :D

If you are set on a bull barreled varminter, check out the CZ550 Varmint, available with 3 different stocks, huge barrel and available in 308. The Gun Store in Tucker GA has em and they are a CZ dealer.

I like Remmy 700's but the CZ single set trigger is ridiculously sweet! Plus I'm a huge fan of the full-length Mauser extractor and in general the Mauser bolt (which the CZ is designed following), not to mention the dovetail milled into the receiver means that scope rings are pretty damn solid to the weapon. Overall CZ rifles are great, customer service is great, and they are cheaper than Sako's and Weatherby's etc......

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jp233 said:
Doesnt get any better than a Mosin 91/30 or M44 carbine. Cool rifles, good quality if you get a pre-war or post-war, ammo is CHEAP (10-13 cents a round!) and the rifle is cheap, and they SPIT FIRE :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock:

Enfields and Mausers are up there too but ammo is not as friendly on the wallet

course how can you beat an AK variant.... semi-auto means more boom boom and less hurty shoulder
i really like how the mosin looks...now if i could test fire one...

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,869 Posts
I'f you ever want to come play at Bullseye in Cummng, I'll bring my Mosin M44 and let you try t.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may be able to towards the end of July, but I have no idea what my schedule will look like then. If I remember, I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer, even if I don't take you up on it.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm still keeping all options open now. However, I just bought an AK yesterday and I'm definitely going to wait until after the FNRA raffle before I make another big purchase. I'll keep that in mind, though. Thanks for the offer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts