Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've finally saved enough to get into full auto only to discover what I'm interested has significantly increased in value over the last two years and is getting harder to find locally. With that said, let me know if you're looking to sell your m11/9 without the headache of sending it to a dealer or across state lines. I've got cash in hand for the right gun. I may also consider mac 10s if the price is right. Hoping to stay within Georgia on this one to keep it on a single form 4. I can go through a dealer for paper work if it would make the seller more comfortable. Send me a PM if you've got something along these lines. This would be my first trade on GPDO but I've got plenty of feedback on ODT under libertarian_congress if you want to check me out.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
Don't you need a big bucket of paperwork and FFL tickets to get a full auto weapon? Methinks a dealer is needed in that paperwork tornado several times.

Nemo

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,936 Posts
Don't you need a big bucket of paperwork and FFL tickets to get a full auto weapon? Methinks a dealer is needed in that paperwork tornado several times.

Nemo
No FFL is needed for an instate transfer if the purchaser has a BATFE approved form 4 and its related tax stamp for the weapon in question.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Nemo
If it stays within the state, an individual can transfer to another individual on a Form 4 once it's approved by the ATF. I'd be willing to have a dealer process the form 4 if it made the seller more comfortable, but it's doable without one. It just requires signatures on both sides and the buyer (me) submitting all the usual paperwork for responsible persons (fingerprints, photos, CLEO notice, etc) and the $200 check. Machine guns transfer on the same form as silencers, of which I have a few, but they've been banned from manufacture for non-government entities since 1986, with the remaining stock grandfathered in, which makes them quite expensive.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Yeah, I’ve bought and sold Full autos in private party deals, no FFL needed between GA residents.
ATF accepts Form 4 transfers from two residents of same state.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
I did not realize it was that relatively easy. I was under the impression it was a major pile of paperwork and filings and other things.

So what is a reasonable price range form something like that?

Nemo

Reactions: Wetheppl

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
7 grand

The going price seems to be about 7 grand.
Subguns.com has a lot of classified ads for NFA items, from both dealers and regular owners.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not realize it was that relatively easy. I was under the impression it was a major pile of paperwork and filings and other things.

So what is a reasonable price range form something like that?

Nemo
Yeah I figured I'd budget 5-6k for a Mac10 or 6-8k for a m11/9, depending on condition and accessories, etc.

·
69,784 Posts
WOW, and to think I bought one for a few hundred bucks in the 90s.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
Someone send me $20K. They have a Thompson. I want!!

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
accessories

consider what accessories and aftermarket uppers / barrels, etc. you may want to use on your SMG.

The SWD / Cobray M11/9 is such a popular submachinegun, it's got a ton of bolt-on or drop-in upgrades. You can get longer-barreled upper receivers, ones with longer and heavier bolts that slow the cyclic rate down, and barreled uppers with much better iron sights.

You can get better shoulder stocks than that flimsy wire thing supplied by the factory, which won't even lock closed (it only locks open, unless you cut a couple more notches in it, like I did to mine).

You can get caliber conversions (although my .22LR conversion upper, made by Fleming I think, was not well-made or reliable).

Since the lower receiver is the only serial-numbered and registered part, you can put pretty much any upper you want on it. Anything that will work with the open-bolt basic design of that gun.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
I could send you a check. My credit union could use a good laugh.
Thanks! How about I just swing by to pick it up when I am there in a month or 3?

Nemo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
consider what accessories and aftermarket uppers / barrels, etc. you may want to use on your SMG.

The SWD / Cobray M11/9 is such a popular submachinegun, it's got a ton of bolt-on or drop-in upgrades. You can get longer-barreled upper receivers, ones with longer and heavier bolts that slow the cyclic rate down, and barreled uppers with much better iron sights.

You can get better shoulder stocks than that flimsy wire thing supplied by the factory, which won't even lock closed (it only locks open, unless you cut a couple more notches in it, like I did to mine).

You can get caliber conversions (although my .22LR conversion upper, made by Fleming I think, was not well-made or reliable).

Since the lower receiver is the only serial-numbered and registered part, you can put pretty much any upper you want on it. Anything that will work with the open-bolt basic design of that gun.
You're making me drool. I'm mostly excited about a lage upper, which seems to give me the most options. Nfasales has an m11/9 with a lage upper already installed for a little over 8k, which may be the path I take, but I was hoping to have something I could upgrade myself over time, and also hoping to keep it under 8k, but we'll have to see what the market looks like. I've heard that going to nfa shoots with cash in hand and asking around sometimes works, so that may happen it I don't get any bites any time soon.

·
69,784 Posts
As far as I know, I am the only person to have engaged in a full auto transferable transaction on these boards (well, and the buyer, who is a member of the boards). You don't see that pop up often here. Not a lot of full auto owners even on this site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As far as I know, I am the only person to have engaged in a full auto transferable transaction on these boards (well, and the buyer, who is a member of the boards). You don't see that pop up often here. Not a lot of full auto owners even on this site.
I'd seen some decent discussion about NFA on here before and saw the trickle of postings regarding for sale. I figured this would at least be a place to ask if people knew who to ask. I've called a couple of in-state dealers to minimal success and I'm planning on meeting someone in Alabama next weekend if I don't have any better leads by then. I'd rather avoid a second stamp for crossing state lines though. I'll probably post on ODT too, since they get a couple of transferables from time to time.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
It is just so hard to believe persons are paying that sort of money for a stamped receiver gun that used to sell for about two hundred bucks . . .

Reactions: Archangel
1 - 20 of 23 Posts