Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

WTB Entry Level AR

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Adam5 
#1 ·
I'm looking at entry level ARs. A new Olympic will run me $625 or so shipped to my FFL (including FFL fee). Does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with for that? It doesn't have to new, top of the line, or have a bunch of goodies on it. I'm just looking for a basic entry level gun that I can upgrade or add accessories to later.

Adam

#2 ·
Adam5 said:
I'm looking at entry level ARs. A new Olympic will run me $625 or so shipped to my FFL (including FFL fee). Does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with for that? It doesn't have to new, top of the line, or have a bunch of goodies on it. I'm just looking for a basic entry level gun that I can upgrade or add accessories to later.

Adam
I think that you'd be better off putting one together. You could do a build for pretty much the same money and get a better rifle. You can order a complete upper and a complete lower separately and save on the excise tax. At least go handle an Oly Arms and compare it to some of the others before you purchase.

#3 ·
legacy38 said:
Adam5 said:

Adam
I think that you'd be better off putting one together. You could do a build for pretty much the same money and get a better rifle. You can order a complete upper and a complete lower separately and save on the excise tax. At least go handle an Oly Arms and compare it to some of the others before you purchase.
If I could redo it, I'd probably buy the upper and lower separately. Save a bunch of money that way.

#4 ·
Call Tucker Gun. They can either build you one or you can opt to buy a new Rock River. You might have to save a little more, but as the saying goes...'good things come to those who wait'

No way would I part with mine...and I haven't even started to spend money on making it 'tacti-cool'.

#8 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Rammstein said:
If I could redo it, I'd probably buy the upper and lower separately. Save a bunch of money that way.
A "bunch of money" off of $625?
Considering the price I paid for my AR, yes.

#9 ·
Adam5 said:
I'm looking at entry level ARs. A new Olympic will run me $625 or so shipped to my FFL (including FFL fee). Does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with for that?
Why not get a new one and increase the number of weapons in private hands by one, as well as contribute to keeping Olympic arms and your local gun dealer in business, rather then simply move a rifle from one person to another?

Also, that price sounds like a smokin' deal. I think Rammstein was talking about his own rifle, not advising you that you would save money on this $625 rifle.

#10 ·
I'm waiting for a pair of dealers to try and locate the Olympic. The one I wanted is on 3 month backorder. I tried to see if I could build one for that price, but building will cost about $725. My wife says that $650 is the max I can spend, and this will likely be my last toy this year. I have a backup plan though. I can get a Vector Arms 9mm AR-15 delivered to my door for $650, with hard case, 1 30round mag, cleaming kit, sling, and matching Vulcan knife w/sheath. I would rather have .223, but my wife is adamant about my not running over budget this time. She also says that it's now or never. She has control this time because $400 of it is comming out of her bonus check.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.