WSB-TV story on confiscated gun storage

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by jsmn4vu, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jsmn4vu

jsmn4vu New Member

WSB-TV just had a teaser that there is a story coming up about APD's "secret storage location" where thousands of confiscated guns are stored.

2. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

12,000 weapons!!!

3. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

APD have a yard sale!! :lol:

4. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

No way man, those things are all stolen! :lol:

5. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

This. You have to wonder just how many of them are stolen and just for the sake of lack of manpower to run the numbers haven't been returned to their owners. If not that then maybe even a conscious effort not to.

6. Match10

Match10 Active Member

The in-charge interviewed Atlanta's Finest held up an AR variant with tacticool stuff hanging on it. He said it was extrememly powerful and dangerous in the wrong hands . "You can just see it is a very dangerous weapon...."

What I want to know is how many of these were confiscated from people who had done nothing wrong but get ensnarled in fishing trips and such.

:?

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I want to know how many were "stolen" by the APD.

MP's pistols were stolen three times. After they were stolen out of his car they were stolen again by the APD, and then again by the ATF.

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I thought APD was prepared to return them to MP, but BATFE nicked them first.

9. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I thought he was still in a holding pattern wherein he may get them back, but they refuse to give him his guns back until the trial is over.... which apparently isn't to be taking place anytime soon.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

APD was going to release them. It is the federal government that is doing everything it can to keep them, including a civil forfeiture action. If I do everything perfectly, meet all the timelines, submit the right evidence, and prevail in the civil forfeiture, then I will get them back.

We need Congress to change the civil forfeiture statute. It is on my list of things to do.