Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WSB-TV just had a teaser that there is a story coming up about APD's "secret storage location" where thousands of confiscated guns are stored.

·
Registered
210 Posts
APD have a yard sale!! :lol:

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
freeman101 said:
No way man, those things are all stolen! :lol:
This. You have to wonder just how many of them are stolen and just for the sake of lack of manpower to run the numbers haven't been returned to their owners. If not that then maybe even a conscious effort not to.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
The in-charge interviewed Atlanta's Finest held up an AR variant with tacticool stuff hanging on it. He said it was extrememly powerful and dangerous in the wrong hands . "You can just see it is a very dangerous weapon...."

What I want to know is how many of these were confiscated from people who had done nothing wrong but get ensnarled in fishing trips and such.

:?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
HydroAuto said:
CoffeeMate said:
freeman101 said:
This. You have to wonder just how many of them are stolen and just for the sake of lack of manpower to run the numbers haven't been returned to their owners. If not that then maybe even a conscious effort not to.
I want to know how many were "stolen" by the APD.

MP's pistols were stolen three times. After they were stolen out of his car they were stolen again by the APD, and then again by the ATF.

·
16,485 Posts
Adam5 said:
HydroAuto said:
CoffeeMate said:
freeman101 said:

MP's pistols were stolen three times. After they were stolen out of his car they were stolen again by the APD, and then again by the ATF.
I thought APD was prepared to return them to MP, but BATFE nicked them first.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
budder said:
Adam5 said:
HydroAuto said:
CoffeeMate said:
freeman101 said:

I thought APD was prepared to return them to MP, but BATFE nicked them first.
I thought he was still in a holding pattern wherein he may get them back, but they refuse to give him his guns back until the trial is over.... which apparently isn't to be taking place anytime soon.

·
69,149 Posts
APD was going to release them. It is the federal government that is doing everything it can to keep them, including a civil forfeiture action. If I do everything perfectly, meet all the timelines, submit the right evidence, and prevail in the civil forfeiture, then I will get them back.

We need Congress to change the civil forfeiture statute. It is on my list of things to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts