1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Felonies vary from state to state. If that's what the law reads, then it's probably a felony. It doesn't make any sense that stealing a thousand bucks in another state might not be a felony. Heck, I think some sex acts between husband and wife, in Georgia, are illegal. IDK whether they are felonies or not. :lol:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
Rugerer said:
But $25 makes a felony?!? :faint:
That's like... ten cents in today's money.
Good point, CM! The law was likely written when $25 was a month's wages.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Georgia's bad checks law, and the theft statutes, make it a felony if the amount in question is over $500. The law was written back in the days when nobody's rent or mortgage payment was that high. $500 then was like $3000 now-- an unusually high amount that was NOT a regular transaction.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Rugerer said:
Police arrested him on a charge of defrauding an innkeeper. State law makes the charge a felony when the alleged loss exceeds $25.

Read more: http://www.sunherald.com/2011/01/05/275 ... z1AJ5tUjhS
Gary Collins tried to welsh on a $60 dinner.

quote]
Not exactly. He received poor service, and left. I've done this many times, especially if I can see my food sitting with flies on it, or getting cold, or the chef sneeze into his hand and continue prepping, or I see the chef in the restroom and he doesn't wash(Coffeemate, please cue the Seinfeld episode). This is not a crime. If it takes too long, the food will not magically be good, thereby making the wait worthwhile, unless you're in France. Everywhere else, a long wait for the food will mean the food is average or worse. Get burned enough times, and you too will walk away. In case you missed it: He did not eat the steak. Maybe he should have dropped some cash on the table for the drinks. Also, if you managed to suffer through slow service, paying with a credit card will mean that you are now held hostage for the interminable wait to have your card returned--cash is the only way out if you didn't abandon ship earlier.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hock25 said:
In case you missed it: He did not eat the steak.
I did miss it. Also, the other reports I ran across didn't mention that detail at all. They all made it sound like he was trying to skip after he finished eating.

That sure changes the story if he didn't actually eat it.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
Hock25 said:
...or I see the chef in the restroom and he doesn't wash(Coffeemate, please cue the Seinfeld episode).
:D Thanks, CoffeeMate.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Rugerer said:
Hock25 said:
In case you missed it: He did not eat the steak.
I did miss it. Also, the other reports I ran across didn't mention that detail at all. They all made it sound like he was trying to skip after he finished eating.

That sure changes the story if he didn't actually eat it.
Indeed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts