Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Would you tell on a student or teacher using marijuana?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a interesting and highly debated subject in my critical thinking class. I'm just wondering everyone else's thoughts...
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Only if they were bogarting the joint. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
i voted no. my reason for this is because i dont feel that there is anything wrong with marijuana. as bill hicks said, it grows naturally on our planet, and i think its stupid to make nature against the law. isnt that like saying god was wrong?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,126 Posts
270sniper said:
i voted no. my reason for this is because i dont feel that there is anything wrong with marijuana. as bill hicks said, it grows naturally on our planet, and i think its stupid to make nature against the law. isnt that like saying god was wrong?
How do you feel about peyote? Psilocybin mushrooms? Absinthe? Ayahuasca?
 

·
Swollen Member
Joined
·
11,939 Posts
I'd blackmail them into joining NORML.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok heres one....Whould you tell on a doctor?
I would
 

·
Swollen Member
Joined
·
11,939 Posts
I'd report a doc to the state medical board if they were smoking pot on the job the same as I would if they were boozing on the job. Off the job, absolutely not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
NO
I mind my own business.
Except on this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Archangel said:
270sniper said:
i voted no. my reason for this is because i dont feel that there is anything wrong with marijuana. as bill hicks said, it grows naturally on our planet, and i think its stupid to make nature against the law. isnt that like saying god was wrong?
How do you feel about peyote? Psilocybin mushrooms? Absinthe? Ayahuasca?
Not the guy you're talking to, but I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone else what they can and can't put in their body, government included. FYI, absinthe is totally legal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
Hack Causality said:
Archangel said:
270sniper said:
i voted no. my reason for this is because i dont feel that there is anything wrong with marijuana. as bill hicks said, it grows naturally on our planet, and i think its stupid to make nature against the law. isnt that like saying god was wrong?
How do you feel about peyote? Psilocybin mushrooms? Absinthe? Ayahuasca?
Not the guy you're talking to, but I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone else what they can and can't put in their body, government included. FYI, absinthe is totally legal.
as long as they arent bothering anyone else, i dont care what they do. you could be shooting heroin into the corner of your eye for all i care, just make sure you've got your crap together and your functional before you go into public.

back to the marijuana... yes, i think it should be legalized. i also think it should be made mandatory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
drtybykr said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZqYV9KKOZQ nsfw
bill hicks is my second favorite comedian, behind george carlin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
A co-worker was fired just this week for using tobacco (snuff pouch) on company property. Our company has a zero tolerance tobacco policy. The really "sucky" part is that it was another co-worker in our department who went around our department's management to report him straight to H.R.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that was a totally crappy thing to do.

Re. marijuana specifically, I think that what a person does on their own time is no one's business.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,543 Posts
Me: No, what you put in your body is your business.

My Wife: No, for the teacher. Yes, for the student.

My wife is a teacher and knows that they don't get drug tested (at least in our school district), but knows that a student would eventually be drug tested for a job and wouldn't want them messing up their career. Around here student are more likely to be academically punished, rather then being turned over to the police, so there is little chance of having a criminal record, but maybe they would stop using.

me: :roll:
 

·
I'm kind of a big deal
Joined
·
5,243 Posts
It depends, if the teacher is getting stoned before class or school functions then that's not good but on his/her own time? I have no issue with that. The student? That would depend on a lot, mostly the age of the student. If we are talking about a high school aged kid then I honestly probably wouldn't say anything.....younger - I may have an issue.

In either case I would not report them to law enforcement because I don't think it should be illegal in the first place (though, possibly age restrictions).

my :2cents:
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,889 Posts
A student? Hell no!

A teacher? Is the teacher hight durring class or at school? Yes. Is the teacher getting high while away from the school and on their personal time? Hell no!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,864 Posts
Depends on if I liked them on not.
:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,842 Posts
Mrs_Esterhouse said:
I'd report a doc to the state medical board if they were smoking pot on the job the same as I would if they were boozing on the job. Off the job, absolutely not.
This. :righton:

What people do in the their own private time is no one else's business.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top