Would you tell on a student or teacher for using marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mike316atl, Oct 2, 2010.

1. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

This is a interesting and highly debated subject in my critical thinking class. I'm just wondering everyone else's thoughts...

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Only if they were bogarting the joint. :p

3. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

i voted no. my reason for this is because i dont feel that there is anything wrong with marijuana. as bill hicks said, it grows naturally on our planet, and i think its stupid to make nature against the law. isnt that like saying god was wrong?

4. spotco2

spotco2 New Member

It would depend on the situation.

Who would you tell?

5. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

How do you feel about peyote? Psilocybin mushrooms? Absinthe? Ayahuasca?

6. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I'd blackmail them into joining NORML.

7. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

Ok heres one....Whould you tell on a doctor?
    I would

8. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I'd report a doc to the state medical board if they were smoking pot on the job the same as I would if they were boozing on the job. Off the job, absolutely not.

9. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

NO
    I mind my own business.
    Except on this forum.

10. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

:lol:

11. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

Not the guy you're talking to, but I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone else what they can and can't put in their body, government included. FYI, absinthe is totally legal.

12. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

as long as they arent bothering anyone else, i dont care what they do. you could be shooting heroin into the corner of your eye for all i care, just make sure you've got your crap together and your functional before you go into public.

back to the marijuana... yes, i think it should be legalized. i also think it should be made mandatory.

13. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

bill hicks is my second favorite comedian, behind george carlin.

14. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

A co-worker was fired just this week for using tobacco (snuff pouch) on company property. Our company has a zero tolerance tobacco policy. The really "sucky" part is that it was another co-worker in our department who went around our department's management to report him straight to H.R.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that was a totally crappy thing to do.

Re. marijuana specifically, I think that what a person does on their own time is no one's business.

15. rankhornjp

rankhornjp Active Member

Me: No, what you put in your body is your business.

My Wife: No, for the teacher. Yes, for the student.

My wife is a teacher and knows that they don't get drug tested (at least in our school district), but knows that a student would eventually be drug tested for a job and wouldn't want them messing up their career. Around here student are more likely to be academically punished, rather then being turned over to the police, so there is little chance of having a criminal record, but maybe they would stop using.

me: :roll:

16. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

It depends, if the teacher is getting stoned before class or school functions then that's not good but on his/her own time? I have no issue with that. The student? That would depend on a lot, mostly the age of the student. If we are talking about a high school aged kid then I honestly probably wouldn't say anything.....younger - I may have an issue.

In either case I would not report them to law enforcement because I don't think it should be illegal in the first place (though, possibly age restrictions).

my :2cents:

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

A student? Hell no!

A teacher? Is the teacher hight durring class or at school? Yes. Is the teacher getting high while away from the school and on their personal time? Hell no!

18. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

Depends on if I liked them on not.
    :lol:

19. Glocker

Glocker New Member

This. :righton:

What people do in the their own private time is no one else's business.