Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Would you stick it on your home's front window near the front door in clear view?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


I think the stickers are neat, but here are my thoughts:

Pros: Let everyone know your stance on 2A, possibly scare away annoying solicitors, and then the slight off chance to scare off any would be robbers scouting your house on false pretense (like a meter reader, or package drop off guy)

Cons: If you have a robber ballsy enough, he wait till you are not home, break in and steal your guns (or safe)

What do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,550 Posts
I believe stealth equals tactical advantage.

Bluff and bluster might make you feel good but offer no advantage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
^ I agree with them this goes along with not open carrying, If you flaunt it you lose the element of surprise and that is your greatest advantage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
I live alone and regularly travel for a week or more for work. There is no way I am going to give any indication that there are firearms inside my home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
I agree that this sign might be an invitation for thieves. I better sign might be:

I keep snakes, and I let them roam. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just curious. A lot of people put NRA, GCO or other gun related stickers on their cars.

Just figured it would be along the same lines.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,804 Posts
There used to be a guy that lived just outside the Memphis city limits that has a sign on his house that said the house was protected by an attack cat.

He was the big cat curator of the Memphis Zoo and had a permit to keep two pet Panthers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
DJGibb said:
I was just curious. A lot of people put NRA, GCO or other gun related stickers on their cars.

Just figured it would be along the same lines.
For me, it is along the same lines. I don't put any of those stickers on my car either. Actually, I have no stickers about anything on my cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
I agree with those who don't like to advertise. That said, I do have a sticker on my storm door that says "Property protected by guard dogs and they don't want to buy anything (unless you are selling cookies)".
 

·
I'm kind of a big deal
Joined
·
5,243 Posts
I wouldn't put a sticker w/ a Glock on it on my house. :lol: (j/k)


It's sort of like the old "I don't dial 911" sticker/sign w/ a pistol on it.
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,108 Posts
I would only put it up if I never left my house empty. If somebody was always home, sure.

But this sign not only says: "I'm a gun-lover and gun-rights advocate who probably has a small collection of quality firearms"
(even burglars know Glocks are more valuable than Hi-Points or Lorcins) but this sign also says,
"I have no home alarm system."

So no, I would not use it. I'd rather put up one that says "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I would only put it up if I never left my house empty. If somebody was always home, sure.

But this sign not only says: "I'm a gun-lover and gun-rights advocate who probably has a small collection of quality firearms"
(even burglars know Glocks are more valuable than Hi-Points or Lorcins) but this sign also says,
"I have no home alarm system."

So no, I would not use it. I'd rather put up one that says "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be [s:2pk7ogwt]prosecuted[/s:2pk7ogwt] shot again."
FTFY :D
 

·
Ordinary Average Guy
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
Would I post it up on the front window of my house? Nope.

Just like I don't put similar stickers on my truck. I try to stay consistent with my preference for CC and the whole not advertising to potential threats what I've got at home, in my truck and on my person. :wink:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
No to such stickers and signs on or at my house, and no to any stickers on my vehicles. You're just going to have to draw your own conclusions about who or what is behind my house doors, or who/what is in my vehicle.

Actually, I have one sticker on my truck's back window: WEEKEND GOLD MINERS CLUB

It helps to identify me as a member while parked on their properties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
drtybykr said:
gunsmoker said:
I would only put it up if I never left my house empty. If somebody was always home, sure.

But this sign not only says: "I'm a gun-lover and gun-rights advocate who probably has a small collection of quality firearms"
(even burglars know Glocks are more valuable than Hi-Points or Lorcins) but this sign also says,
"I have no home alarm system."

So no, I would not use it. I'd rather put up one that says "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be [s:20v5yuvt]prosecuted[/s:20v5yuvt] shot again."
FTFY :D
Like this?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top