Would you like some ammo with that?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by tace, Oct 11, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

This "Public Schools Police Officer" was at the range the other day. He was recently given a new Glock as a side arm and he was there to get familiar with it. Just before he stepped in to the shooting bay, the guy at the counter said "Can I see your weapon for a second?" . Turns out the guy was given a Glock .45 GAP and the pencil pusher who gave him the gun handed him .45 ACP range ammo.

Also unfortunately for the officer was that the range had no GAP practice ammo. Only GAP ammo they carried was Federal HST at $20+ per 20 rounds.

It would have been an interesting few moments for the officer if the guy at the counter wasn't so sharp. :)

2. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

oh okay I will say it..........

I'm the only professional in this room........................

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

They just wouldn't have fit in the mag. On the othe hand if you tried to shoot GAP in an ACP they probably would have worked. Not a good plan however.

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

As someone pointed out here recently, most LEOs are not "gun people".

Which is sad in a way...

:-({|=

5. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

Wouldn't they at least get a basic introduction to the new firearm and the different ammo from someone at the police armory or something?
    Or was it like "here you go, sign here, good luck out there on the streets"? :?

6. tace

tace New Member

I am guessing this being Atlanta it would exactly go as you mentioned "here you go, sign here, good luck out there on the streets"