Would this fall under PG?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by bondrm, Oct 25, 2007.

1. bondrm

bondrm Guest

I am planning to attend a private party this weekend at a friends house and want to CC. There will be about 15 or so people there and it is not located close to any schools or other off limits places that I know of. Plus no one will know that I am carrying except for my fiancee.

My question is, would this be considered a public gathering or possibly something else? I thought I saw somewhere that you had to have permission to carry on private property from the owner (maybe that just applies to employees asking their employer?).

I have been searching the forum trying to find out if anyone else has asked this. Haven't had much luck though since there are similar situations but not quite. Any thoughts?

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I am no lawyer but I think this technically falls under the PG law. Stupid, but I think so. Now, if you had permission and didn't advertise it........

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't sound like a PG to me. And, since it's a private party, it's not like anyone will find out if you remain concealed and don't drink too much tequila ;)

4. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Concealed is concealed.

:ianal:

5. merlock

merlock Active Member

+1

6. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Sounds like a private party to me. Unless he puts up signs inviting the general public to his party I don't see where this could be considered to be a "public" gathering. :ianal:

7. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I don't believe it is a public gathering.

Here's why:

1)The party isn't in a location that is open to the public.

2) The general public is not invited, just the party organizer's friends.

And as another poster said, since it is a small party on private property who would even know or care that you have a gun as long as you didn't decide to act "professional" with it. :wink:

Legally, you don't have to inform anyone when carrying into their house in Georgia. It is your choice, you can if you want to but do not have to.

If you aren't going to get drunk, by all means carry.

P.S. I am not a lawyer.

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

What is public about the gathering? If there is a valid answer, I would reconsider - otherwise, concealed means concealed.

9. budder

Well nothing, other than that some GA cops can't tell the difference between a public gathering and a public place. Who's to say they also cannot differentiate public from private? They may be streakers!

10. bondrm

bondrm Guest

Thanks! CC it is then. I feel "naked" without having it with me. Besides I'm not sure how the host feels about guns anyway (fiancee's friend). :roll:

Unfortunately I'm the designated driver so no drinking for me. It will probably be more fun to watch though, there is supposed to be a karoake machine there. :shock:

11. budder

Don't forget your ears! (and eyes, if the drinkers there have a tendency to spit)

12. jason1

jason1 New Member

That sound like Llamas more then humans and I tell you one thing Llamas can spit.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

True Story,

Last Fri. Night we had a small party at a close friends home. Some people brought friends, etc. At the end of the night, an argument ensued about the reliability and stopping power of a .22 handgun. So the guy whips it out and starts pointing at people and saying, "let's just see how much power it has then!", etc. I was grateful that myself and another person (beside the crazy guy) were armed. This guy was eventually calmed and asked to leave but a hairy situation none the less. I always assumed my first encounter where I needed my weapon would be somewhere public (WalMart, Bank, etc). Just goes to show you should always be prepared to defend your life, and the lives of those you care for.

As a side note, this guy had no GFL. When asked previously he stated he didn't need one in his neck of the woods, etc. Moron. Always be alert!

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wow. My guess is he cannot get one.

He committed aggravated assault, a felony.

15. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

What a moron.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I heard this story last night. Crazy stuff.

17. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Maybe he is a LEO. :p

18. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Jesus H Christ. I honestly think I might have shot the guy in that circumstance. Of course it would all depend on whether I thought I could draw and fire before he got a shot off.

The minute somebody intentionally points a gun at another human being, you are in a deadly force confrontation whether you know it or not...scary stuff, I'm glad nobody was hurt.

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I laughed when Ramm told the story. Just the way he told it, I guess.

20. fallison

fallison Guest

MP, there's that name again!