World Opinion - from the AJC

Discussion in 'In the News' started by pro2am, Apr 17, 2007.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared- ... _View.html

2. Taurus

Taurus New Member

That's strange, the only thing I have seen in the news is a sharp RISE in homicides in Britain.... Go figure...I'd like to know where they got their stats from, they don't seem very accurate at all...I'll have to poke around and see if I can find the FACTS regarding Britains Homicide rates since AJC can never seem to do it... :roll:

3. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Interesting. So are they comparing homicides with firearms in the UK to all homicides in New York (i.e. bum on bum stabbing)? I bet it includes justifiable homicides as well. That's what I call good journalism. :roll:

I wonder if any of them would like to revise their comments now that it has been confirmed that the shooter was a resident alien.

Right. So it would be impossible for someone to steal a weapon from a lawful Swedish gun owner and kill 30+ people at Chalmers University of Technology? :shakehead:

Ignorance rears its ugly head.

Out of 1820 foreign students there was 1 mass murderer. Out of 24180 domestic students there were 0 mass murderers. Not quite sure what the writer's point is unless Paisley is trying to suggest we need to be concerned foreigners coming into our country and buying guns.

Interesting. I'm sure Mussolini would fully support such a policy; facists love the idea of the state controlling who has access to firearms.

"I'd like a number 5 with cheese and a Coke. Oh, can you give me a Glock 17 with night sights and 10 hi cap mags as well?" Ignorance strikes again. :roll:

4. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Thopught so...These are facts from here:

http://www.crimeinfo.org.uk/servlet/fac ... factsheets

(Yes there is some gun ctonrol BS on this page, but I posted it for the Gun crime facts, which are quite a bit different that what they posted in the AJC)

"How much gun crime is there?
    [The figures cited throughout this factsheet come from the Home Office and police organisations].

In the year ending June 2005, there were 10,979 firearm offences recorded in England and Wales (excluding offences involving air guns).
    This is a 6% increase from 2003/04 and continues the pattern of annual increases every year since 1997/98.
    In fact, the current number of firearms offences is almost twice that of 1997/98.
    Firearms were involved in 1,206 more serious incidents of violence against the person (other than homicide) in 2004/05 than in 2003/04.
    In less serious incidents of violence against the person, firearms were involved in 4,568 offences – a 31% increase from 2003/04.
    Firearms were used in 73 homicides in 2004/05 (under one in ten of all homicides), five more than the previous year.
    There were 2,659 firearm robberies in 2004/05 (4% of all robbery offences) – down 9% from 2003/04.
    412 firearm offences resulted in serious injury in 2004/05 – down 6% from 2003/04."

So again, where did AJC get THEIR facts, and does it matter if it is a firearm , knife or a toothpick , homicides will occur whenever a CRIMINAL can get possesion of any weapon...A fiurearm is the MOST useful in self defense situations....

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

"freedom gone too far"

lol. england can eat a bag of dicks.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Private citizens are also forbidden by the government from being able to think for themselves. In the one case where a group of Chinese citizens began to think for themselves, they were murdered by the soldiers and tanks from their "moral" government.

So the liberal media wants us to look to Communist China for enlightenment? Screw that.

7. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Any crime statistics from the British Equivalent of our BJS (division of the Home Office) are not to be trusted, hell there own government doesn't trust it.

Contact crime victimization has gone up markedly in Britain since they put in their laws, that so much I do know

The AJC, Europe, and most of the rest of the world can go screw itself.

WE know what would have saved those kids and WE know ultimately whose hands this blood will stain when it comes time for judgment in front of God.

8. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

Dang, I sure would like to know which supermarkets or shops that one could buy a gun at. Would my Ingles Card be valid for such purchase??? :roll:

My dad once told me when he used to be able to buy guns and ammo in the local supermarket. Back then (pre 1968) "gun violence" was pretty much nonexistent. He bought his first gun when he was 13 and didn't even need his parents with him to make the purchase. He would take his gun to school and keep it in his locker so he could go hunting and shooting after school. WTF has happened since then!? :?

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I call it the pussification of America.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

yea, basically, that sounds about right.

[​IMG]

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Great....now I am gonna have nightmares. Thanks!

:D

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

yea, i found it rather difficult to click the submit button on the post with my eyes closed... :lol:

13. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

If I wanted UK gun laws I would go live there. How dare they comment on our laws when they are living the reality of "Big Brother" at this very minute!

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

In America, "buying a machine gun is often easier than getting a driver's license."

What?! I want to move there!