Work related team outing for Skeet/Trap/Sporting clays

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by pro2am, Jul 20, 2007.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

This is interesting to me. It seems that my boss is open to the idea of taking the team (about 8 of us) out for one of those outside of work outings and going skeet/trap/sporting clays shooting.

So here is my question. What range is not too far from the I-285/I-75 intersection (North side) (within an hour or less if possible) that has clays and rents guns and is generally a good range (clean, good customer service, etc.)?

I need to call a few to get rates, times, etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Thanks MP, that sounds like a great facility.

I also added Creekside in Cartersville, and the Adairsville range to the list.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Tome Lowe is where they held the Olympics.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Funny you mention that...he saw my license when I was paying for my lunch today. He asked what it was...so I told him. He got quiet for a second, then asked what kind of gun I have. It was a decent conversation, but I didn't expand much beyond his direct questions...and to assure him that I wasn't "going postal" anytime soon.

I have an OWB holster on order with K&D and it won't be here until September. I only have an IWB for now.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Doubtful whether any skeet range allows this.

6. Claire

Claire New Member

pro2am - sounds like fun!

my nephew goes to Tom lowe

I'd be curious what you decide & your reviews of the shotgun range

7. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Will do...but its likely to be awhile, maybe late summer or early fall (Sep-Oct) timeframe.