Work Place Violence Training (I had to take it what BS)

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by luke0927, Aug 27, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

It is a corporate online training i just had to take....

Key point

over 1,000 people are killed in the work place by other workers, customers etc....

Comply to the attaker
    Don't fight back
    Try to leave
    Get help from someone

What a crock of BS....

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Wow... When I worked at Walmart, I don't remember anything specific like that in those CBL (or whatever they were called) things we had to take.

3. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

We had that when I worked at IKEA of all places. The organization that conducted ours was run by two former Feds - one of which investigated Watergate, and the other was an advisor to OJ's prosecutorial team. For two former LEO's, the information they gave everyone made me :roll: .

I think that situational awareness comes into play once again.

4. M249

M249 New Member

You forgot the part where they recommend you die quietly so as not to disturb the other employees or patrons, and this could also further aggravate your assaulter.

Small companies ftw.

5. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Was it suggested that you vomit on yourself to make yourself less appealing to your attacker?

6. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Did you keep saying things like
    "You could just shoot them right?"
    "You know, I've heard that lead, when traveling at high speeds, is an effective violence resolver..."
    "Mozambique, Mozambique, Mozambique"

:lol:

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Like, that attacker is just begging to be shot by doing that, so I complied.

Right. "Back" indicates something in return or after the fact. Do not do this. Rather, defend yourself at the moment you are attacked.

OK.

Like the office gun nut?

8. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I first went through "workplace violence training" in the summer of 1983. They taught us the some great ways to be violent in or "workplace".... :twisted:

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

:rotfl2:

10. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

I went through it in 1991....ahhh the memories. My favorite is when the series commander was my Line training buddy and forgot to put his arm up to block a face kick. I bet he never forgot again. :lol:

11. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Oh i only wish this was an instructor taught class but this was and WBT (web based training)

Then it makes you read the company policy that states no weapons in your car, on you... blah blah blah......