Work for Gwinnett Co? Edit: or near police HQ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Priest, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Priest

Priest New Member

As in, the type of people that would work in and around the E911 center in Gwinnett....

I'll be out there on Wed & Thurs next week and didnt know if anyone here worked there and might be interested in getting lunch or something while I am there. If you do, but dont want to get "outed", shoot me a PM or something.

Edited to include those that might be near the area. Please offer up suggestions of a good place for lunch close to the HQ... I take short lunch breaks from work so it would need to be nearby.

2. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Re: Anyone here work for Gwinnett county?

Where is this E911 center located? I am guessing somewhere in Lawrenceville maybe.

3. Priest

Priest New Member

I know it is at the Police Headquarters Annex.... I do not have an address yet, but I think it is off Hihope rd in Lawrenceville. Someone may come in to correct me, or I will update when I get the rest of the info next week.

4. tech2576

tech2576 New Member

Left off rt 316 @ 1/2 mile north of 120 or 20 which ever it is? 120 iirc

I could be there from my work in about 15 mins.

Pick a place, I could probably make it.

5. Priest

Priest New Member

I don't know the area and have yet to pull up maps since I don't have a confirmed address. Any suggestions on some places to eat that are pretty close to there?

6. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

It is north of Ga. 20 about 1/2 mile on left on High Hope Rd.

If you take a left on Ga 20 going north on 316, there are a bunch of food places right up the road from that intersection.

Sorry, too far for me to make at lunch time.

7. Priest

Priest New Member

Thanks for the heads up on where. I'll pull up the map later and see what all is around.

8. samman23

samman23 New Member

There's lots of good choices off pleasant hill and 85 on your ride in from Cobb county. The Chipotle right there is fast and good.

9. XshootX

XshootX New Member

I work right down the street and might be able to make lunch. The Flying Machine is the best restaurant close to where you'll be. Take Hi-Hope south across 316 and it turns into Hurricane Shoals. Turn left at the first light - Hosea. Turn left on the Airport road and Flying Machine is down on your left. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to get there depending on the light at 316.

Your other best non-fast food options are back down 316 at GA-120. There's Longhorns, Chilis, etc. Those will take 10-15 minutes to get to from where you'll be.

Hope you have a safe time on this side of town!

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll be shooting in Adairsville with Claire on Wed, but may be able to drive over on Thurs.

11. Priest

Priest New Member

How about Sonny's BBQ? If that one isn't a crap hole location, I could go for some BBQ tomorrow. If there are no objections, 660 Duluth Hwy Lawrenceville, GA 30046 at 11:30 tomorrow. If someone knows that location and says it is crap, we can pick something else.

No offense to the Flying Machine... but my maps show it ON airport property and I do not wish to test any damned thing especially in the middle of a work day.

12. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Sonny's food is OK, but I want to make one correction.

Sonny's is NOT real BBQ.

If you want real BBQ, for some place close to downtown Lawrenceville, I'd suggest Hometown Barbeque:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hometown-barbeque-lawrenceville

It's pretty good. For the best BBQ in Gwinnett County, it's hard to beat Spiced Right, although from the Lawrenceville Annex it's a little too far for lunch.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/spiced-right-barbecue-lilburn

I work in downtown Atlanta so I can't join you for lunch, but I wanted to suggest something in that area that qualifies as real BBQ.

13. Priest

Priest New Member

While I know Sonny's isnt the best, it will do for this. I know I can get in and out quick and get decent food while there.

I am still shooting for 11:30. If you see a white 94 F-150 supercab with GCO magnets on the fenders, that is me.

14. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Unless :SHTF: at work, I should be there.

15. Viking

Viking New Member

I'll try to make it too . . . although there is always something about Sonny's :sick: