Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in, the type of people that would work in and around the E911 center in Gwinnett....

I'll be out there on Wed & Thurs next week and didnt know if anyone here worked there and might be interested in getting lunch or something while I am there. If you do, but dont want to get "outed", shoot me a PM or something.

Edited to include those that might be near the area. Please offer up suggestions of a good place for lunch close to the HQ... I take short lunch breaks from work so it would need to be nearby.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Re: Anyone here work for Gwinnett county?

Where is this E911 center located? I am guessing somewhere in Lawrenceville maybe.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I know it is at the Police Headquarters Annex.... I do not have an address yet, but I think it is off Hihope rd in Lawrenceville. Someone may come in to correct me, or I will update when I get the rest of the info next week.

·
Registered
611 Posts

Left off rt 316 @ 1/2 mile north of 120 or 20 which ever it is? 120 iirc

I could be there from my work in about 15 mins.

Pick a place, I could probably make it.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

tech2576 said:
I don't know the area and have yet to pull up maps since I don't have a confirmed address. Any suggestions on some places to eat that are pretty close to there?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

tech2576 said:
Left off rt 316 @ 1/2 mile north of 120 or 20 which ever it is? 120 iirc

I could be there from my work in about 15 mins.

It is north of Ga. 20 about 1/2 mile on left on High Hope Rd.

If you take a left on Ga 20 going north on 316, there are a bunch of food places right up the road from that intersection.

Sorry, too far for me to make at lunch time.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the heads up on where. I'll pull up the map later and see what all is around.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
There's lots of good choices off pleasant hill and 85 on your ride in from Cobb county. The Chipotle right there is fast and good.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I work right down the street and might be able to make lunch. The Flying Machine is the best restaurant close to where you'll be. Take Hi-Hope south across 316 and it turns into Hurricane Shoals. Turn left at the first light - Hosea. Turn left on the Airport road and Flying Machine is down on your left. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to get there depending on the light at 316.

Your other best non-fast food options are back down 316 at GA-120. There's Longhorns, Chilis, etc. Those will take 10-15 minutes to get to from where you'll be.

Hope you have a safe time on this side of town!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about Sonny's BBQ? If that one isn't a crap hole location, I could go for some BBQ tomorrow. If there are no objections, 660 Duluth Hwy Lawrenceville, GA 30046 at 11:30 tomorrow. If someone knows that location and says it is crap, we can pick something else.

No offense to the Flying Machine... but my maps show it ON airport property and I do not wish to test any damned thing especially in the middle of a work day.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Priest said:
How about Sonny's BBQ? If that one isn't a crap hole location, I could go for some BBQ tomorrow. If there are no objections, 660 Duluth Hwy Lawrenceville, GA 30046 at 11:30 tomorrow. If someone knows that location and says it is crap, we can pick something else.
Sonny's food is OK, but I want to make one correction.

Sonny's is NOT real BBQ.

If you want real BBQ, for some place close to downtown Lawrenceville, I'd suggest Hometown Barbeque:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hometown-barbeque-lawrenceville

It's pretty good. For the best BBQ in Gwinnett County, it's hard to beat Spiced Right, although from the Lawrenceville Annex it's a little too far for lunch.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/spiced-right-barbecue-lilburn

I work in downtown Atlanta so I can't join you for lunch, but I wanted to suggest something in that area that qualifies as real BBQ.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I know Sonny's isnt the best, it will do for this. I know I can get in and out quick and get decent food while there.

I am still shooting for 11:30. If you see a white 94 F-150 supercab with GCO magnets on the fenders, that is me.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,406 Posts
Unless :SHTF: at work, I should be there.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'll try to make it too . . . although there is always something about Sonny's :sick:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts