Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,034 Posts
Even trained and aware professionals fall prey to snipers. It is possible to be taken unawares - even when trained and on alert.
This.

Unless you have some magical powers, it's quite possible for a perp to hide around a corner, behind a car, or it could be dark and the perp is in dark clothes (this occurred around 10 PM). Point being, even if you are quite "aware" of your surroundings, you simply CANNOT plan for every single variable. For those not familiar with this restaurant, it is a fairly hilly lot with LOTS of coverage available. Hell, look at this picture of the scene. I can see AT LEAST 10 places I could hide and catch almost ANYONE off guard. To simply say, "they should have seen him" isn't a good argument.

What would I have done? I can't say since I wasn't in that situation. I would hope that I would be fast enough to draw on him, but if he was hell bent and determined to shoot me, then probably not too much I would have been able to do to stop it.

Attachments

· Registered
3,034 Posts
Depending on where he was shot, a vest might have been his only defense to something that sudden and brutal.

Az
I can't remember if I mentioned it or not (in an earlier thread), but it seems like it's getting to the point that wearing a vest is a pretty good idea. I really don't want to believe that things have gotten *so* bad that this is a becoming a reality. BUT..I would analogize that a vest is to a fire alarm as a gun is to a fire extinguisher. I am not unfamiliar with wearing body armor for long periods of time (even with the ballistic plates) and I know it would suck to wear it...but it might be a smart move. Not only that, but unlike my gun, I don't think there are any restrictions on *where* I wear a vest.

Jesus. Just talking about this possibility makes me sick to the stomach. I live in the US, not the West Bank. :|

· Registered
3,034 Posts
I bet if you did so, and leapt out in front of me and a companion, shot my companion and me, I would be able to say from where you came out of hiding.

Sure it is, once you combine it with observations about how she described what happened. She was in condition white.
I'm not going to argue with you; I stand behind what I said. Also, I *always* take what the press reports with a grain of salt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.