Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Officials said the deputy tried to speak with Rivera on a private dirt driveway and that's when she raised the shovel. They said she pointed it towards him and began "advancing" in his direction. Speakman told her to stop and put the shovel down several times, according to a news release by the agency, and began backing away. However, they said Rivera did not put the shovel down. Instead, she continued walking toward the deputy while "threatening him with the shovel."

Investigators said the sergeant fired four shots. Rivera was hit, but officials haven't said how many times. Speakman began doing CPR after notifying dispatch that shots were fired, investigators said. Rivera was taken to a local hospital by Polk County Fire Rescue and later passed away.
Polk County mother killed by deputy she threatened with shovel

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,612 Posts
A hot 24-year old blonde Latina...

... who lives on RIFLE RANGE rd?

Sounds like a woman I should've known!

(But, on the other hand, she was so crazy and out-of-control addicted to drugs that even her mama said the cops could've been justified in shooting her -- just not shooting her that many times!)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I’m not going to second guess but if there was ever a case for less than lethal measures, this was it. I have family members with head problems who might act this same way. I would hate to see them shot down while having an episode. Let’s start a fund to buy pepper spray and tasers for Polk County.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts