1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
737 Posts
my wife and i saw this the other night on the news :screwy: just think if she was driving a car? some people are so caught up in there own little world they could not care less about the people around them.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
This cracks me up...both the video of her dumba** falling into the fountain, and that she's pathetic enough to sue someone over it. I hope the judge throws her out of his courtroom with extreme prejudice.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Here is an idea, have the court proceedings at the end off a pier. If she looses, the judge gets to push her off.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
Suing the mall? Oh, good luck with that.
She looks like she's been very negligent herself.
The doctrines of "contributory negligence" and "comparative negligence" should apply. She gets nothing, or very little.

Now, what if she agrees the mall was not at all responsible for her fall into the fountain, but IS responsible for not helping her enough in getting out of it?

Is there a duty to rescue people you have invited on your property, if they are in need of rescue from their own stupidity?

There's no duty to rescue a complete stranger from a peril that you had no hand in creating.

But does this apply to a business owner who has invited somebody onto their property? I don't know.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
“I saw the water coming at me, I could see the pennies and nickels at the bottom of the fountain and then I was in it,†said Cathy, 49, a Reading resident who works in a store at the mall.
Now she'll probably claim she's got some kind of "nickel/penny/water" related PTSD. She works in the mall so it's not like the fountain is new to her. You figure she should have developed some kind of "Daredevil" like sensory adaptation due to constant texting. Can you really sue for getting wet? Just watch out this summer for all occasions where a neighbor playfully sprays someone with a garden hose. :lol:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Pretty obvious from the speed at which she recovered and removed herself from the fountain she did not seem to need any assistance. How her inatention and stupidity could get her a $$ of other peoples money is beyond me. She actually had to fall OVER the dang restraining wall!!

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
Watching that video... it appears to me that her fall was intentional. When she comes to the fountain wall it appears she stops her right foot and then lifts her left leg on top of the wall to almost climb over it. :screwy:

·
Registered
354 Posts
She's lucky that instead of a fountain, it wasnt a set of stairs, or a subway platform, or a busy street intersection. She is a future candidate for a Darwin Award....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
How much more help do you need?!? The mall was RIGHT THERE for her to get a new cell phone, dry clothes and a half gallon of Baskin Robins to console her hurt feelings.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
JeF4y said:
How much more help do you need?!? The mall was RIGHT THERE for her to get a new cell phone, dry clothes and a half gallon of Baskin Robins to console her hurt feelings.
:rotfl2:

I'm aware that the media is reporting the incident.. but how can she sue the mall because the security guards didnt help her? She was walking... alone... texting.. The accident happened when no one was around her. I'm surprised she went ont he news with this stupid story.

AT&T NEEDS to make people sign a pledge: DONT TEXT WHILE WALKING OR DRIVING

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
TippinTaco said:
AT&T NEEDS to make people sign a pledge: DONT TEXT WHILE WALKING OR DRIVING
and then it would be:
"But I wasn't texting, I was posting to Facebook!"

Goes back to that saying... You can't fix stupid. :lol:

·
Luggage Killer
786 Posts
Xiclotl said:
“I saw the water coming at me, I could see the pennies and nickels at the bottom of the fountain and then I was in it,†said Cathy, 49, a Reading resident who works in a store at the mall.
IF she gets anything, it should be rewarded in pennies and nickels! :lol:

Dripping wet pennies and nickels...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bgs210 said:
Xiclotl said:
IF she gets anything, it should be rewarded in pennies and nickels! :lol:

Dripping wet pennies and nickels...
:righton:
Just throw the coins in the fountain and let her collect them herself.

·
Romans 10:13
4,626 Posts
She should sue herself for stupidity.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?secti ... id=7911508
But it turns out Marrerro has bigger problems than wet clothes and a bruised ego. After her appearance, she was in a Pennsylvania court for a hearing on charges of identity theft. Court documents show in 2009 she used a coworker's credit card without permission to purchase more than $5,000 in merchandise at a Target and Zales jewelry store.
Also on her record? Four previous criminal convictions for retail theft in the 1990's and a hit-and-run incident.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I can't believe this idiot is thinking of suing. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
mountainpass said:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/national_world&id=7911508
But it turns out Marrerro has bigger problems than wet clothes and a bruised ego. After her appearance, she was in a Pennsylvania court for a hearing on charges of identity theft. Court documents show in 2009 she used a coworker's credit card without permission to purchase more than $5,000 in merchandise at a Target and Zales jewelry store.
Also on her record? Four previous criminal convictions for retail theft in the 1990's and a hit-and-run incident.
And she works retail at the mall? Sounds like the retailer didn't do a background check. It's also possible she was just scamming the mall
When GMA raised questions about her criminal record and whether the mall fall caught on tape was real or a hoax, her lawyer stepped in, saying there's absolutely no indication that it was staged.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts