Wolf Polyformance

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by ptsmith24, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Anyone have any luck with this? I'm looking at the .223 and found it for $2.89 per 20 shipped. I've read a little bit and found people haven't had any problems with it, especially compared with the lacquer-coated stuff.

2. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

You will have less buildup in the chamber area than with the lacquer coated stuff. I still have seen it get stuck in a hot chamber though.

3. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Wolf black box IMO is the best pratcie ammo you can buy. It does shoot dirty BUT it shoots, and accurate at that. I dont buy the "classic" laquered stuff though. Hope this helps.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Before I sold my AR, I ran about 600 rounds of it with no issues. It's a little dirty, but not much more than Remington (green box). Some people will tell you that steel cased ammo is hard on extractors, but for money I saved, I decided that I can replace th eextractor if needed. A friend of mine has run a few thousand rounds of it through his Bushy and hasn't broken his extractor yet.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, for the price, it's worth it to me to at least try out. I also ordered some more carry ammo of various brands. I've only shot Rem UMC 55gr MC through my AR and even only after 60 rounds, it was more than I was expecting to clean out.

6. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I bought 500 rounds of the stuff a while back it's downloaded compared to most of the .223 i've seen. The poly coating of the cases can cause problems for extraction of brass cases in certain situations.

It's accurate at 25 yard and out to 50 for certain. But at 100 yards I was seeing a lot of inconsistency in the stuff. But then again I was shooting a mini-14. I've since transitioned to American Eagle, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a supply of stuff in case SHTF.