Wolanyk settles for $35k from San Diego in false arrest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by kwikrnu, Sep 30, 2010.

1. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

The calguns foundation is representing him. The case has been pending for the last two years and the settlement seems to cover only legal fees. It also includings a finding that the man was innocent.

link

2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

What ! ?
    No $1.00 for the plaintiff ?

Would hate for him to get beat out of his award.

3. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

See kwikrnu, you should have been wearing a kilt while you were carrying your orange ak :mrgreen:

4. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

I think the average temp on the day I carried was 33*. If I wore a kilt the detractors would have said it was for the purpose of flashing the children who were in the park that day. I was thinking of wearing a burka next time and an ammo belt slung over my shoulders. Maybe, roll around in some dirt and push a shopping cart full of guns.

5. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

now that would be an attention grabber :lol:

6. smn

smn Active Member

CGF still needs to sue to get rid of the 12031(E) check. It won't stand constitutional muster. Another poor UOC incident will fix that.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I really think it is a Fourth Amendment violation. An LEO following the statute exactly as it is written is detaining somebody with no articulable reasonable suspicion of wrongdoing. Just because a statute says to do it does not mean that the constitution goes out the window.

8. cpelliott

cpelliott New Member

Is there a radio code for a MWAK call?

9. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

there are no universal radio codes....which is why plain talk is the only way to communicate between agencies.
    In our agency, 10-32 means "weapon" no matter what it is
    a dispatcher would say that a subject is "10-32 with a knife" or bat, or chair leg, or motorcycle chain, or iron skillet, or shotgun, or any of the number of other things someone can be "10-32" with

10. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

Sheriff,
    I think he was discussing a "Man With A Kilt" call...

11. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

SLAPPPPPP!!!!!
    You are right, that is the sound of my hand hitting my forehead....reading is fundamental....my bad

12. RickN

RickN New Member

That's what I was thinking. Maybe the cops took issue with the kilt instead of the gun. Were they fashion police, by any chance?

13. 11b101abn

11b101abn Member

Or, in jurisdictions that do not use archaic GSP codes, signal 69.