Wives, Birthdays and Rifles

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have a birthday comming up in a little less than three months. Since I've been on military type rifle kick lately, I can't help but think that an AK47, WASR22 or RPK type rifle would make a nice present. How to tell/explain to your wife that you think the semi-auto version of a Soviet military rifle would make a nice gift?

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Easy, just hand her the keys to her new Porsche Cayenne Turbo and tell her you wanted to go pick up your AK.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Just buy it yourself, then when she see's it, just tell her your girlfriend bought it for you. :mrgreen:

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I wouldn't know, good luck with that. The lady hates guns and would never consider anything like that. Probably not even GCO gear.

5. Claire

Claire New Member

AV8R idea is good! or send her on a cruise? :p

does she like guns?

Even tho I'm female I'm not the greatest help - I like guns
    so I'd prolly tell ya I want a new toy too

my philosophy is -- if you work for your money go do what you want with it - within reason of your personal budget & after responsibilities are taken care of

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Do you have kids? Do what that commercial does and have the kid yell "mom, dad wants a AK for his birthday".

Or...you could just tell her EXACTLY what you like...down to the serial number (just so there isn't any mis-understanding.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll probably ask for $500 in cash or for her Visa card number. :twisted:

8. pro2am

pro2am New Member

That'll work too. Good luck.

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Man tough question. Each woman is a very different thing of beauty! They all have their soft spots;)

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Her birthday is in two weeks. I'm hoping that the orders I placed with the Coach store and the Apple store will soften her up some. :wink:

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

see my problem is everytime I find something to get mine for his birthday he goes ahead and buys it. bought a dang gun, gps... I am running out of ideas.

adam do you want me to email your wife???

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

That's me. Once I figure out something I want I go get it. hehehe. Though I have been patiently waiting on my AK47. But if I can't talk NAWG into parting with his by the first of the month me & the local gun show are going to have a talk. :D

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm just gonna lay low and not talk about it. I fI bring it up too early or too much I'll be "obsessing" over it and she'll say no. I'll wait until she asks what I want, then come back with "I don't know". After a day or two, I'll say, "you know.... I've been thinkng of getting a XXXXXX for a while".

Besides, I'm now leaning towards a tricked out Ruger 10/22. I hate having to decide on things like this. I want one of everything.

14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Tell her that you going to purchase it and that's that! Then ask MP how much he charges?

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If I told herthat I was going to buy it and that's that, we would have to deal with the outragous credit card bills when she got back from the Coach store.

16. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Right out of the Tony Soprano playbook.

17. merlock

merlock New Member

8)