Without Governmemt Who Would Starve Homeless and Destroy Delicious BBQ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Dec 2, 2016.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

https://fee.org/articles/try-to-feed-the-homeless-and-the-food-police-will-bleach-your-bbq/

Couldn't they have just put a sign up letting people know it was unchecked? Made them tell people before they consumed? Eat at your own risk? Why did they assume the people didn't know about proper food handling and storage? Why make them destroy it all?

2. wee

wee Active Member

Bureaucracy at it's finest....

Brian

3. tbill

tbill Member

I guess the health department would rather the homeless eat out of dumpsters because the food in the garbage was inspected and cooked to government standards.

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Government should start treating people more like adults than like children. We don't need government to tell us what we can eat, for crying out loud.

5. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

You guys are missing one thing. Government is about control. All the stuff about safety, security, etc is just an excuse.

The bbq had to be bleached for the same reason Abraham got the bat. They needed to understand that Negan owns them and he will shut that **** down.

6. EJR914

Basically, and if they refused, I see them all being arrested as well. If they resisted. .. there is nothing so petty of a law or regulation that doesn't carry with it the threat of violence or death with it, if you resist.

7. babarock

babarock Member

Scary words - "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

8. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

http://www.blacklistednews.com/War_On_The_Homeless%3A_Cities_All_Over_America_Are_Passing_Laws_Making_It_Illegal_To_Feed_And_Shelter_Those_In_Need/55663/0/38/38/Y/M.html

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/120245/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  9. EJR914

You realize that NOT PERSONALLY caring for the homeless, the widows, the starving children literally goes against what the Bible teaches, right?

What is law does not make it moral or right.

In fact, if you want to obey the Bible, you will have to break the law.

How's that for MORALITY trumping government force?

10. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

That means not a whit to me. The government has tried to make people moral with point of a gun at the right wing's behest. I understand your argument that the church should follow their beliefs but I see no reason for a religious exemption.

What means something is that government is stopping people from helping.

Next thing you know, I will be fined for giving a homeless person a buck or five without issuing a 1099.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  11. EJR914

I don't either, its just a logical point. Laws go against the Christian from the Bible imperative..

12. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Not always, historically in this country, especially in the South, many a Christian have made Biblical laws government law.

13. EJR914

We know that, and I don't agree with any of it.

14. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

It is true that local governments (local, not the Big Brother types in Washington) over-regulate everything, including (especially) small businesses.

If you want to have a fun little experiment, see how many laws and regulations you'd have to comply with (and prove to the government you're in compliance with) just to have a "tent sale" in the parking lot in front of your business, just for one Saturday a year, and at this tent sale you'd like to serve some Cokes and lemonade and hot dogs.
    Food service permits.
    Must provide public restrooms (handicap accessible).
    Tent must be fire-resistant, have emergency lighting, first aid kits, fire extinguishers...
    Certified electrician must install your lights under the tent-- even if they're just garage workshop lights with 75 watt bulbs connected to the building with outdoor construction-contractor grade extension cords.
    Health inspection for all cooking and food preparation areas.
    Must have hot running water and sanitizing bin-- just to give out hot dogs on disposable paper plates.

AND, if you want to hang a banner or sign up to call people's attention to your tent sale, that's another permit. Another inspection by the code enforcement officer. Another fee. Another delay while your sign application is processed. And if you already have one sign at your business, the government might not allow you to have another, even temporarily, without a waiver. Which means you might need to wait a few weeks to have the County Commission vote to grant you a waiver for that weekend.

It's flippin insane.
    Too much government, at every level, strangling the crap out of any initiative or ambition on the part of so many owners or would-be small business owners.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  15. EJR914

Excellent post, Gunsmoker! :applause: :righton: :)