Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by glockgirl, Mar 20, 2007.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I am supposed to be taking the physical ability test for a LEO job I applied for but I am as nervous as a cat at a dog show. I have to run a sorta obstacle course and I just know my clumsy butt will mess something up.

BTW if I get the job you guys better still be nice to me.

Anyone have any advice or words of wisdom? I should take a camcorder since I think I could see the footage to America's funniest home videos.

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Take your time. Don't admit defeat before you even get the chance to try it. If you're clumsy, just go a bit slower. There are plenty of cops on the street who can barely touch their toes, I doubt you'll do that bad on an obstacle course with your American peers who pretty much live off of fast food and vending machines.

I guarantee there will be at least one person a helluva lot worse off than you.

Good luck, and don't worry. The worst they can say is no. Do your best and if you can't complete a part of it, keep trying until they tell you to stop or move on. Just don't be one of those whiners who lets out a big sigh, puts their hands on their hips and starts blaming the obstacle.. lol!

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Remember:

Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

Shouldn't be a problem. I took one for Cobb County Sheriff's office. Had to run it in under 70 seconds, I did it in 57. The hardest one I ever did was for DNR as a conservation ranger candidate. I had to run a mile in under 8 minutes (I did it in 7:43 :oops: ) run an obstacle course and swimming agility. After all this I passed the ranger exam with a 99 and I still didn't get selected at all because I didn't have enough college credits.

I finally ended up at a po-dung sheriff's office in Haralson County. Didn't stay there long at all. I did not fit in with the "click" nor was I a "Good ole boy". Had a great learning experience though, just didn't share the same high school bully syndrome as alot of my other officers had. I did manage to make a few friends, some of which I still keep in touch with to this day, but I don't think I will ever go back into LE because the experience with other officers left a bad taste in my mouth.

I would say the hardest thing you would have to accomplish is fitting in with your other fellow officers and being willing to put your life on the line for them even if you don't like them.