Will the Police Quit Policing: Cops Attacked in America?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by johnski, Jul 13, 2016.

1. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

You might say there's no way this would ever happen in America. As the media lambasts, accuses, and stirs up firestorms of protest and hate against police officers (of all ethnicities), it is affecting and will affect their profession. It will affect how they will or will not do their jobs. They could just quit policing, doing the daily battles against ongoing and life threatening felonies occurring right now...perhaps in your community. Obama and his support media divide the country continually along racial lines and officers are again paying the price. And it could get worse. -nutnfancy

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygpAAVqzfVw[/ame]

2. phaed

phaed Active Member

one can only hope.

they've quit temporarily in NY and Baltimore before, probably many other places, especially the ones with unions.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Doesn't the murder rate spike when the police scale back on policing?

Maybe people will get a clue and start protecting themselves from criminals instead of depending so much on the police.

But somehow I don't believe the government will allow this to happen. If local police are phased out, Federal Police and the Military will fill the void to keep the sheeple happy, and the people controlled.

4. phaed

phaed Active Member

even if it did, it doesn't mean it's a long term condition. as you say, people would learn that they had to depend on themselves and make the adjustment. i think that would be ideal. people are safest when power is decentralized and distributed relatively evenly, everywhere.

5. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I have been waiting to hear a bout the blue flu outbreak

6. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I have a good friend who works as a trooper in NC. He has indicated to me that several of the troopers in his section are doing the "bare minimum" required to stay out of trouble. He said that he hasn't pulled over a car in almost a week and that while they are encouraged to sit on the highway, they are more comfortable driving, driving, driving as to avoid being a sitting target. I would guess this is getting to be a fairly common occurrence. I am not LEO, but if I was, I can tell you that I would do the absolute minimum as well.

7. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Sounds like a Purge.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXMp9fBomJw[/ame]

8. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

What EXACTLY do police do? For me, in the 'burbs, they're just there to fill out a report AFTER I've been a crime victim. And maybe set up a speed trap/DUI checkpoint somewhere. I don't think anything they do PREVENTS crime. fill out paperwork and keep statistics. Oh yeah, traffic control when church lets out.

9. CoffeeMate

"...if you have to ask..."

10. CoffeeMate

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmr36AJm54[/ame]

11. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

I would probably do the same, kinda sucks for who they do pull over though...that leaves a very small window for anyone to get warnings.

The few they nab are pretty much getting a ticket no matter what.

But again...depending what city/county i worked in, i would do the same as you mentioned.