Will and Estate Planning

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by pro2am, Jan 9, 2007.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I was once told by an estate planning attorney that the Willmaker software package is a good package to use and create a will and is perfectly legal in Georgia. This was about 5 years ago and I never got around to buying it.

Does anyone know if this is a decent software package for the purpose of creating a will? Has anyone used it?

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Okay...26 views and nobody has an opinion? I find it hard to believe that a bunch of pistol-packing yahoo's don't have an opinion about wills and/or estate planning. :D

Just kidding about that "yahoo's" thing.

Really, I don't have a will and would like to hear opinions or advice from anyone that does, software related or not. Does Georgia require a will to be "registered" at the court? Things like that....anyone?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, my suggestion is that you go see an attorney who prepares wills. There are simply too many pitfalls to "wing it" on you rown with some software, and you won't be around to change anything or say what you meant when it really matters.

At a minimum, since an estate planning attorney recommended the software, pay him a couple hundred bucks to review whatever you create and advise you in writing of any potential pitfalls.

I is well worth it, considering the potential consequences if something is wrong.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

After all, it is the probate judges who will oversee your will! :lol:

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

THAT'S enough incentive right there!

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

No kidding!