That was too cool! :righton:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Whoa! That is sweet!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I could see military applications written all over it. One man delivering a nice payload.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,493 Posts
Glad to see that 'chute open at the end. I was concerned about how he was going to land!

·
Registered
117 Posts
TimBob said:
Glad to see that 'chute open at the end. I was concerned about how he was going to land!
LOL I was kinda wondering the same thing. That's a neat video for sure though. How did he steer that pack though??????? I didn't really see any kind of control mechanisms for it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Saw the video again and yeah I can see the hand movements.....

Geek Mode On:

TECHNICALLY..... in both the comic books and the movies, Iron Man used a combination of the variable repulsor/thrustor units built into his guantlets as well as Ailerons built into the back portion of his armor.

I know..... I'm a geek LOL. Grew up reading comics and I gotta admit, they still hold a place in my heart. Also gives my kids and I talking points when we hang out as they love both comics and movies also :)

Back on to the topic though.... Did the guy build the rocket pack or was he testing it for someone? Either way that's a cool little bit of high tech.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Romans 10:13
4,644 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42977241/ns/us_news-life?GT1=43001

(He needs to write "ACME"on the back of that thing somewhere!)
We all know he purchased that from the Road Runner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts